a question for the guys

terryansimon

okay I really don't know where else to ask this but......seeing how SRC is a plethora of good and useful information, I figured asking her would be a rather logical choice.

where do you folks get your wife's SK II products? or where do you wifes get it?

and on average, what is the going price of an SK II product?

I know I sound very vague, but that's because I'm toying around with ideas lah. :P

I do know my girlfriend is rather interested in the mask, and seeing how it'll be my last V-day in Singapore for a while, I was thinking of getting the SK II one and then some other product as well.

so any genuine help will be greatly appreciated. (=

• SRC Member

I not married but do have lots of experience in buying SKII stuffs for my gal.

To cut things short, SKII is expensive stuff in cosmetic realm, much like ATI in reefing.. :P . One box of mask is about $120+ and the popular ###### essence 150ml is about $170+. This are the prices I last know of... dunno if got inflation for CNY. If you want to buy SKII stuffs... cheapest is in HK. Of course that's not very convienent in time for V.day... but I do know Metro is having 20% discount on SKII products... hope this helps.

post-54-1107833267.gif

"Ah, Blackadder. Started talking to yourself, I see."

"Yes...it's the only way I can be assured of intelligent conversation."

- Melchett and Edmund Blackadder

• SRC Member

Oh btw your post title is strange... there are female reefers around... ;p

post-54-1107833267.gif

I not married but do have lots of experience in buying SKII stuffs for my gal.

To cut things short, SKII is expensive stuff in cosmetic realm, much like ATI in reefing.. :P . One box of mask is about $120+ and the popular ###### essence 150ml is about $170+. This are the prices I last know of... dunno if got inflation for CNY. If you want to buy SKII stuffs... cheapest is in HK. Of course that's not very convienent in time for V.day... but I do know Metro is having 20% discount on SKII products... hope this helps.

yup I know about it's branding and have even studied how they do their advertising. :P

hmm. 20% eh. any pre-requisites? like Metro card holders only? or payable by certain bank card only?

• SRC Member

Just 20% off, no catch......

post-54-1107833267.gif

• SRC Member

No problem... your friend can give advise when shopping. But if you got questions, best is to ask the counter gals there... more pro. Metro I never been at the SKII counter.... but I do know the gals in Centrepoint Robinson are chio and friendly... that's hwy I always go there... hehe... :fear:

post-54-1107833267.gif

• SRC Member

Ok this is none of my business, forgive me if you feel I nosy....but since this is your last V.day with her before you go for your studies aboard why buy her something that is expendable? Why not buy her something that can remind her of you everytime she sees it like a pendant chain, etc?

post-54-1107833267.gif

• SRC Member

Steady... all the best for your shopping and ravishing of gifts. :)

post-54-1107833267.gif

• SRC Member

Tell me abt it...yup...branding but the stuff do work... :P

I stocked up on them before I went overseas. I am using most of them which I still can't get in States. :(

So far....I only think the eye gel sucks, other than that...most of the products not bad except that Miracle Essence costs more than $1.00 per drop and magine you have to use more than a drop each time u use it. :angry:

Anyway, there's a trial pack at $48 for the essential stuff if I am not wrong. But you may have to put your name on waiting lis Othewise, request for samples but they usually run out of them or limit people to 2 pcs per pax.

My best bet is the counters at first, Metro Paragon, then Isetan Scotts, Tangs and finally Robinsons centrepoint where stocks replenishments are faster.

And dun forget to sign her up for the membership as she will then be able to redeem her points for SK2 products. :P

• SRC Member

oops.. sorry if tis threat is only for guys..

well.. like wat flubberina said SKII is really a nice product.. i only used the Miracle Essence, not into the full range yet.. i stopped using coz it not recommended for young skin.. coz it tends to be "stronger" compare to other brands.. more for reborn skin purpose ba.. well.. if u wana check out good price, u can go to the perfume shop at lucky plaza.. beside mac... but sometime they dun carry full range..

hopes it helps.. ;)

hmm. membership? do I need her details and stuff? coz she wouldn't be physically present when I'm getting the gifts. hmm.

anyway, was thinking of just the mask alone as I know she loves to get those masks from off the shelf. thought a little bit of pampering for her would be nice/help ease the pain when I'm gone. :P

• SRC Member

:lol::lol::lol:

yup...the mask will indeed ease a bit of the suffering when she sees how rejuvenated her skin will be after the mask... :P

The trial set at $48 is the icing to the cake... :P:eyebrow:

Yup...her birthdate, address, nric no and name. Birthdate...so that they will give her special bonus when she buys in her birthday month. B)

Anyway, there are also fake SK2 products around so must be aware of the the authenticity.

The packaging is the one that shows...1) the Procter & gamble sticker, 2) The serial number that is imprinted on the box and the mark that says 'Paper' in chinese character. :D

Lin, if you have young skin, then you dun need to use the essence often. Just every other day or two days' gap, according to one of the promoters. :rolleyes: and get to know more of the products at sk2 products ###### website

anyway, happy buying... :)

• SRC Member
Lin, if you have young skin, then you dun need to use the essence often. Just every other day or two days' gap, according to one of the promoters.  :rolleyes: and get to know more of the products at sk2 products ###### website

:lol: mine not young skin anymore ba? :lol: coz i using shiseido all along.. then tis miracle essence came in so sudden.. then i was one who chiong oso lar..shii... juz keep tis to urself can le.. :lol: i can see the diff after using so does my cllg.. :angel:

nice info u got there.. ;)