'White' Tang?!?!?

jykel

Brothers out there...need some advice from all out there...recently just got a purple tang from my relative..however, there is something very perculiar abt the tang....when it is at peace with the enviroment, it turns white in colour....however when it is fighting for food, its colours came back....any brothers can advice me on what is happening to the purple tang??

thanks.. :bow::bow:

• SRC Member

i have no experience with purple tang, but i do noe that some tangs, for eg. Yellow tang will change to a much pale color when it's asleep or inactive. So i think that might apply to PT also. when relaxed, keep their vibrant color aside.

Everything's sold. Back in 2yrs time.

ga051025.gif

If it's a WRX, it gotta be STI.

av-24.gif

My case is worst :( my PT kena itch until it turn pale white :(

And till now its still very pale, hopefully it will recover as i can see his fins are turning blueish..

Has been about 4 to 5 weeks liao....

Wah your purple tang down with ich ah, so have your tried treating it???

I find that we are always fighting a losing battle with ich. :(

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member
I just feed him with garlic soak mysis, he seem to be ok now except his colour :(

But did saw some colour back on his fins :) hopefully he'll get his colour back :)

cheers,

Hi just to share, i think pallet food soak with garlic is much better in fighting itch regards to tangs. somehow, i find my formula 2 absorb / hold more garlic than using mysis... and with continuous feeding for 4 days the itch reduce significantly, at least this is the case for my powder brown.

CHEERS!

Thanks for all advise bros :)

Water quality is ok as with all other fishes like blue tang etc...

And i can see no visible itch on his body now and hopefully he will show me some colours in time to come :P

Will also try out the pellet food just for prevention though.

Cheers,

they is actually albino version of diff tangs.... albino as in the fish with red eyes.... but your doesn't seem to be like the case...

Albino????!?! I tot that oni happens to humans??hmm.m...seems that i am not the only one with this problem...anyway to improve their conditions??

• SRC Member

i treated my fren's PT for weeks with waterlife medication as recommended by henry ....actually by right takes only afew days to disappear but i did not dose it according to the instruction (12 hourly)...too lazy always miss timing ;)

anyway it heals liao..

MYXAZIN - broad spectrum bactericide.

MYXAZIN lowers the count of harmful bacteria in aquarium water, treating Fin Rot, Body Rot, Ulcers, Sores and other bacterial infections. MYXAZIN will also help to control Pop - Eye Disease, Cloudy Eyes and Mouth Fungus. MYXAZIN should be used daily until symptoms disappear (typically this would be between 3 and 5 applications). MYXAZIN can also be used to sterilise nets and live foods such as Daphnia and Tubifex, for treating Whitespot in seawater aquaria containing invertebrates. MYXAZIN is mild on fish, highly biodegradable and effective against a wide range of fish health problems.

Suitable for seawater, tropical freshwater and coldwater aquaria.

Available in:

60ml (5 day course for 180 litres)

120ml (5 day course for720 litres)

500ml (5 day course for 4560 litres)

go get one bottle from henry...

yah...it is very common for PT to turn pale after lights off...if you observe BT, Scopas also turn pale after lights off. :D