anyone went to redang b4~?

andysho

• SRC Member

Wouldn't care for other things to do after the first dip in the water :)

The coral and marine lifes there are rich when I was there about 8 months ago...

nice snorking and diving sites.... plenty of residents eels, sharks and trigger just by the shore..

• SRC Member

try snorkelling at the baby shark lagoon. The mother shark is just out and ard the huge boulder on its left... there is a very friendly HUGE titan trigger but i'm not taking chances.

Go to Mini Mount or Big Mount during evening dive ard 4-5+pm... it is a fish market!!!! :P

heading down there in end apr

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

i will be going to redang a month later

staying in laguna redang

anyone been there before?

can share anything interesting place to go

and do

thanks

Hopefully you're going for the diving more than anything else .... cos there's not much else there to be had :P

For dive sites, yup, Big Mount is great. Deep dive spot. The other good sites would be Terumbu Killi way at the southern tip - challenging site due to cross currents, but well worth it. If the dive operator knows it, ask him to bring you to Whale Mount too, near Tanjung Tokong. Deep dive here as well, where you might be able to see white-tip sharks. Lots of dendronepthya dropoff walls

i will be going to redang a month later

staying in laguna redang

anyone been there before?

can share anything interesting place to go

and do

thanks

Hopefully you're going for the diving more than anything else .... cos there's not much else there to be had :P

For dive sites, yup, Big Mount is great. Deep dive spot. The other good sites would be Terumbu Killi way at the southern tip - challenging site due to cross currents, but well worth it. If the dive operator knows it, ask him to bring you to Whale Mount too, near Tanjung Tokong. Deep dive here as well, where you might be able to see white-tip sharks. Lots of dendronepthya dropoff walls

• SRC Member

damned... u mean it is possible for it to be reached in 8 hrs??? past 2 times i went down, it is all 10 hrs... <_<

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

Laguna Redang is the best and most comfortable resort on that island. Food wise...its free for all buffet. Even got a swimming pool to "wash off the sand and salt" before going back to own room... hehe

Just a word of advise... last nite dun sleep too much... spent it on the trip back is better. ;) The last time I went last summer, aircon in bus broke down in swelling 33 degrees on the way back... its like constantine's hell.

post-54-1107833267.gif

"Ah, Blackadder. Started talking to yourself, I see."

"Yes...it's the only way I can be assured of intelligent conversation."

- Melchett and Edmund Blackadder

• SRC Member

i went there a few year ago.. i dun really mind the bus trip as i sleep most of the time...

i only did snorkelling .. but .. its good enuff to make me go back there again ..

At least redang turns my mum from a "marine nagger" to a marine lover ...

now i dun even have to worry when i go on long business trips .. she is feeding my fishes and corals everyday.

• SRC Member

go to the laguna redang website and email

them what you went and they will quote you so much

cheaper then all then anywhere else in singapore

i book from them too~~ check out their promotion now

• SRC Member

Medang jetty got a small field where you can park your car for a fee. Forgot how much but most drivers going to redang park there. Got Jaga in the day time but at nite dunno... maybe lock the gate cos I remember seeing a gate there.

post-54-1107833267.gif

Wherever you go to an island in Msia, you can always park near the jetty. There are quite a number of car park operators. Some operate from their homes while some rent or owns pieces of land that they converted into carpark. It's fenced up and locked at night, so it's very safe.

The best is to park at houses and make sure there is a shelter. Its only $5 per day. The last time I went, I didnt park at the house and park at a piece of land. The operator didn't live there. So the morning when I wanted to claim my car, he wasnt there because he overslept after watching a match during the 2004 World Cup. I wanted to travel to Penang that day so I wanted to set out early.

So, I got to have breakfast first and he came just before 10am.

• SRC Member

I just paid for a 5N 4D redang, staying in the laguna resort for $418 (garden view). But waiting for confirmation for vacancy of rooms. Friends wanted to go for sea view lah but anyway daytime out at sea... night time cannot see the sea from last experience...so decided on the cheaper garden view rooms. Anyone going on there this good friday long weekend?

post-54-1107833267.gif

• SRC Member

yup. Going there in the night...they count one night...coming back in the night...also count as one night <_<

post-54-1107833267.gif