seaweed substitute

• SRC Member
Yup. Tangs shld eat. Yours might be choosy.. :upsidedown:

yup tangs should eat but not always......my kole eye never take from the clip because its consider 'terrortory' by the monk tang....now the monk tang given away, it still wouldn't eat from the clip - i think it might be afraid that Monk Tang will appear out of the blue and wack it again.... :P

• SRC Member

Yup, some Tangs are choosy and don't take seaweed. My Salfin and Atlantic Blue love the seaweed but my kole never touch the seaweed. In fact, it never take pellets too. :( Even my anthias are taking pellets. My kole really ATTP. :lol: He's just happy with the green hair algae <_< in my tank and the mysis i feed daily.

• SRC Member

i never get my scopas and blue tang to eat veggie. I even tried soaking them in GarlicGuard but they still dun eat, and prefer the frozen brine shrimp or Formula One.

I am quite concern of thier veggie intake. Anyone got good suggestion?

Me using AquaPharm SeaVeggie all fine sliced.

• SRC Member
i got 1 big packet of this. leftovers from CNY. wondering if i could use this to feed my tangs when my Julian Sprungs Veggies green seaweed run out.

the one in the picture has seasoning and pepper in it...

get one that is simply dried nori...tangs love the stuff, esp after you soak it in garlic

NTUC got, but must find it...quite hard to find...available in sheets, blue packaging.

• SRC Member
i never get my scopas and blue tang to eat veggie. I even tried soaking them in GarlicGuard but they still dun eat, and prefer the frozen brine shrimp or Formula One.

I am quite concern of thier veggie intake. Anyone got good suggestion?

Me using AquaPharm SeaVeggie all fine sliced.

formula one contains spirulina leh...

• SRC Member
just to share ... i had been feeding my YT and PB tang with the above nori for the past 2 months... they look ok and healthy.... :D

i thought they like it.......i actually clipped one strip of 3 to the tank the they finished it in less than 1min......

another reason i use this is that i dont have to cut it since it comes in strips. dont have to refrigerate also. more convenient.

but since the flavoring can detrimental to their health, i'll try look for other alternatives. like the one posted by bro pegasus1010 :rolleyes:

i want my fish to be healthy too/...

• SRC Member

just a word of caution thou.

i always wash the veggies very thoroughly. then, i soak it in a cup of very hot water(cooking it to a extend) then i soak n garlic.

I hope that this will help removes any chemical residues/worms usually associated with cabbages and "xiang cai"

HTH!

;)