3ft Tank

acura007

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
brittle.. i mixed white cement with coral chips (aragonate sand) to a paste form, then i form the shape of the rock i want in a box of damp sand and pour in the paste to form the shape. Leave it to dry for 2-3 days. Once dried, soak into fresh water for 5-8 weeks then its ready (do rem to change the water to avoid mossy breeding.

Want more info: go to bio ocean, justin is also doing this.

Hi again acura007,

One question on your DIY LR - does your final product contain enough porous holes and gaps for denitrifying bacteria to stay put? Just curious...

• SRC Member
acura007 Posted on Nov 19 2005, 05:40 AM

If I can pluck out the anemone I'll let it go but so far all attempts have failed..

with the help of a power head blowing directly at it, it'll sure move away from its present position and when it moves thats when its easy to remove. if still cannot you might want to place a piece of smaller rock to it so when it moves onto the small rock you'll remove together with it. if it works can i be the next to own it :lol:

• 1 year later...
  • SRC Member

hey whr you buy ur LR??I would like to know.I bought my first 6kg LR from reborn.The rocks were also same like yours full of coralline algae.Cheap some more.From Batam.Yours came from whr???

girlone.png