Disease Free

emperorangel

just got this ozonizer for my fish only tank! :D This is a miracle machine to all marine hobbyist out there. It's safe efficient and maintenance free. No more worries about fish diseases ;) My tank is like the ocean now. :lol: Since I have alot of fish it's worth the buy. comes with an ORP probe and the air-dryer is sold separately. I've been looking all over for this in Singapore and finally found the distributor.

post-17-1062645115.jpg

leakage of ozone into the tank will kill your livestock fast.

that's why I believe not much ppl using a ozone device?

eh.. hmm. is it fix to your protein skimmer?

Yes, I agree theres not many people using ozonizers because theres not many that actually know how to use it. It is safe as long as you connect it to your protein skimmer and you place activated carbon on both ends for any residual that may escape. They say that the eco aqualizer is suppose to do the same job but I have little faith in that product. :P It doesn't really kill any bacteria or pathogens and could be considered as a U.V. sterilizer which is pretty mild considering marine diseases ;) As long as you administer low dosages and not reach an exceding amount. I've tried it on my reef with cheaper models and no ORP readings and it worked wonders. You don't want to keep a sterilized tank because thats not what keeping a reef or a fish only tank is about but to eliminate the troublesome worries of a disease outbreak. The model you just saw can administer up to 200mg/hr. of ozone into your tank but you only need like 5 to 10mg/hr. Whats good about this model is that it has an automatic shut-off once the desired ORP you set has reached , so theres no excessive or unwanted ozone introduced into your tank. Honestly it's such a relief as my prized fishes are safe from any outbreaks. :D You should see the extra gunk from the protein skimmer collected in the cup! :yeah: All our marine dealers should have these available when new livestock arrive so we would be more assuared of healthy specimens to bring home. :D

how much and where to get it ?

it's costly because it's maintenance free provided you get the air-dryer as well which will boost the ozone's performance. ;) The sole distributor is QianXX fish farm at Sungei Tengah ,71 Jalan Lekar Blk.6 Acessories shop. The price goes for $1,######.XX but he gave me a 10% discount although it was my first purchase from them. Comes with an ORP probe. The Air-Dryer 500 goes for $80.XX a piece and you need to clean the probe after a month with Redsea's Electro clean solution for optimal readings constantly. Thats easy to do and no hassel :D will be getting another air-dryer tomorrow to switch about once the beads turn pink in the current one I'm using and it will be time to recharge them in the oven. I know it's costly but now I can sleep at night properly knowing my babies are in optimum health! :lol: say goodbye to medications once and for all :yeah:

Hi emperorangel,

Me also using ozonizer :yeah:

I run it to a diy ozone reactor follow by a diy carbon filter container. I have a separate orp controller but doesn't seem to be working properly. Didn't know have to clean the probe with special solution. Thought of getting a new probe but what if the fault lies with the equipment. Don't want to waste unnecessory money.

I used to run into skimmer, air-hose melted, electric cables around the sump melted. Very scary. Changed to UV and now back to O3.

Have purchase O3 test kit (from USA internet dealer) recently but don't seem to be working. Can't detect anything at all. Probably O3 is so unstable such that it would be dissipated from the water sample during collection. Waste money again. :cry2:

Any idea where to get ozone safe air tube and check valve? Afraid they'll melt over time. :cry:

I use to have a Sander Ozoniser used with my PS... but I took it apart to clean it and let's say... I couldn't put humpty dumpty back together again! :D

When using it, my water was crystal clear and my skimmate was really happening... as in very little but thick and smelly.

You just reminded me to send it in for repair! :)

Hi emperorangel,

Me also using ozonizer :yeah:

I run it to a diy ozone reactor follow by a diy carbon filter container. I have a separate orp controller but doesn't seem to be working properly. Didn't know have to clean the probe with special solution. Thought of getting a new probe but what if the fault lies with the equipment. Don't want to waste unnecessory money.

I used to run into skimmer, air-hose melted, electric cables around the sump melted. Very scary. Changed to UV and now back to O3.

Have purchase O3 test kit (from USA internet dealer) recently but don't seem to be working. Can't detect anything at all. Probably O3 is so unstable such that it would be dissipated from the water sample during collection. Waste money again. :cry2:

Any idea where to get ozone safe air tube and check valve? Afraid they'll melt over time. :cry:

Hi crab,

Measuring the ORP is sensitive and your probe needs to be in optimal condition. I keep it away from any strong light (possibly in the dark would be good) and where water flow is running freely around it will help it read better. Probably in your sump is a good idea! ;) I had a separate ORP monitor once and didn't clean the probe properly which gave me crazy readings. :P Salt build up on it will hinder it's preformance too so you need to be aware of that as well. The probe doesn't cost that much and besides you would have to replace it after a year or two for accurate readings. What type of NO3 you're using? I tried to purchase a cheap one from Taiwan for $70.00 bucks and it died after 2 weeks! :lol: I guess I learned my lesson for trying to save a bit. :cry: Crab , you can't use the soft kind of tubing as thats not strong enough. Theres a tougher kind which is a bit more costly as it last longer. I use the one from Dennerle (hope thats the right spelling) it's a German brand for mostly freshwater set-ups which is green and stiff and very tough and won't melt at all. What kind of check valve you're refering too Crab? 03 test kits are not accurate enough and it escapes through your protein skimmer anyway. :) Crab , your dosage of ozone seems pretty strong for your cable and tubing to melt. You need to be careful about that. Thats whay I just bought the one above so I can control the dosage I prefer.

emperorangel, can show me pic how you do that? :thanks::bow:

sure thing crab, just place an activated bag on top of your collection cup (if theres an outlet there and another one where the water flows out from the skimmer and back to your tank. You can use a nylon thread to tie to the protein skimmer. :D let me know if you managed to do that. ;)

I use to have a Sander Ozoniser used with my PS... but I took it apart to clean it and let's say... I couldn't put humpty dumpty back together again! :D

When using it, my water was crystal clear and my skimmate was really happening... as in very little but thick and smelly.

You just reminded me to send it in for repair! :)

AT , dismantling an ozonizer is not such a good idea though. :D Yes , the gunk stinks and it really cleans to say the least.

sure thing crab, just place an activated bag on top of your collection cup (if theres an outlet there and another one where the water flows out from the skimmer and back to your tank. You can use a nylon thread to tie to the protein skimmer. :D let me know if you managed to do that. ;)

Crab , I'll try and get some pics taken tonight and paste them on tomorrow for you! :D

What type of NO3 you're using? I tried to purchase a cheap one from Taiwan for $70.00 bucks and it died after 2 weeks! 

Are you refering to the ozoniser? I'm using the Sander 100mg/hr. The below picture is the orp controller I'm having. It's able to switch on/off the ozoniser at preset value.

Theres a tougher kind which is a bit more costly as it last longer. I use the one from Dennerle (hope thats the right spelling) it's a German brand for mostly freshwater set-ups which is green and stiff and very tough and won't melt at all. What kind of check valve you're refering too Crab?

Where can I buy the air tube?

I mean the one way valve that prevent water from flowing back to air pump. I have tried the $2 plastic check valve, after few hour, it don't "check" any more. Now I've found the $4 stainless steel type use for planted tank, so far so good. Need that cos ozone reactor are pressurised, should air pump fail, water will flow to air tubing.

Crab , your dosage of ozone seems pretty strong for your cable and tubing to melt. You need to be careful about that

Ya :paiseh: I always choose to learn the hard way, so disaster make me remember better :paiseh::paiseh:

Crab , I'll try and get some pics taken tonight and paste them on tomorrow for you!

Thank you so much. :thanks::bow:

post-17-1062722746.gif

emperorangel,

One more thing,

I believe the purpose of air-dryer is to make the ozoniser more efficient. Since only 5-10 mg/hr is required, why don't you set it to a higher value and do away with the air-dryer? Isn't the effect the same?

I think the content of air-dryer is silicon gel use in dry-box for storing camera. They are sold at about $3 per bottle. The air-dryer you bought are $80. Sorry to say that, the price don't seem to be justifiable. :pirate:

post-17-1062725262.jpg

Crab , your ozonizer is the same as what AT is using. The best and safest way without a valve is to loop your air tubing but if you want the valve SL at balestier has some good ones. Personally I don't use a valve and keep my equipment high above the tank level in a corner with some drop loops (meaning you leave some slack and let your tubing hang in a "U" shape. Thats just one way of doing it but if you have all your equipment at the bottom then you need to get the valve. The tubing you were asking for is available at any freshwater shop and the brand is Dannerle which is a German brand of equipment for freshwater systems using CO2. the tubing is green and non transparent. It's a bit costly but then again it's worth to get things right once and for all. I heard that it's like $6.00 a meter or so. Crab , the air dryer is to boost the performance of the ozonizer and the high humidity in our climate is damaging to it. :cry: In order for the ozonizer to constantly work at it's best and give out effective ozone to kill bacteria and pathogens all the time it needs to be in perfect condition. When you get unatural readings from your ORP , it can mean two things that are going wrong. It's either your ORP's probe is dirty or your ozonizer is clogged with dirt and humidity. :unsure: So the first thing is to get the ozonizer working at it's best for a long time to come. Increasing the ozone limit is dangerous and you need to be careful as well so as not to keep the tank too sterilized. :shock: Crab your ORP controller is really neat and I like the model very much ;) I notice theres a PH reading as well which is good value for money! :D Yes , those are slica beads to absorb moisture and I think the ones use for keeping cameras in a dry box maybe the same but I'd rather get the real thing as I learned my lesson quite a few times trying to be cheap :lol: Crab just one more thing , you may no want to use anything stainless steel or other wise when dealing with saltwater. With high corosion of salt everything metal will come to an end eventually. Crab , I have to apologise for not posting the pictures just yet as my digital camera ran out of batteries last night :cry2: I'll get it done quickly. :D Crab , we all learn the hard way in this hobby but I got worried when you said your cables and tubing melted. You're welcome by the way about the suggestions. :D

Most ( if not all ) aquarium ozonizer work by using a high voltage electric arc to create the ozone molecules from oxygen in the air, therefore if the air is not pre-dried, the electrodes will corrode after sometime and hence shorten the lifespan of the unit. I used a diyed air-tight camara box with silica gel as the air drier. It has a larger capacity so it can last longer before exhausted. I throw away the silica gel after they are exhausted because it is available cheaply from lab suppliers and photo shops. Tried regenrating it once using the oven but find it too much trouble, heat and wasted electricity and time etc to do it. I bought the ozone proof air tube from Aquamart, it is black in color and very stiff( compared to normal air tube), can't remember what materials it is.

• SRC Member

Hey...I have one unit and it costs less than two hundred bucks when I bought it a year ago.

It has a preset function to stop emitting ozone periodically at regular intervals.

Working well and indeed it helps with quite a number of things. If I remembered correctly, one fish kanna velvet and only that fish lost his life and ich is also controlled.

Good to invest in one. :P

Most ( if not all ) aquarium ozonizer work by using a high voltage electric arc to create the ozone molecules from oxygen in the air, therefore if the air is not pre-dried, the electrodes will corrode after sometime and hence shorten the lifespan of the unit. I used a diyed air-tight camara box with silica gel as the air drier. It has a larger capacity so it can last longer before exhausted. I throw away the silica gel after they are exhausted because it is available cheaply from lab suppliers and photo shops. Tried regenrating it once using the oven but find it too much trouble, heat and wasted electricity and time etc to do it. I bought the ozone proof air tube from Aquamart, it is black in color and very stiff( compared to normal air tube), can't remember what materials it is.

yes , the tubing comes in either black or green and you can get it almost anywhere. Does your air passes through the silica beads and via the ozone unit? ;)

Hey...I have one unit and it costs less than two hundred bucks when I bought it a year ago.

It has a preset function to stop emitting ozone periodically at regular intervals.

Working well and indeed it helps with quite a number of things. If I remembered correctly, one fish kanna velvet and only that fish lost his life and ich is also controlled.

Good to invest in one. :P

yes , I remember I bought one for $200 or so and another for $70 and little did I know it wasn't emitting the correct amount of ozone because there is no way you can test the water for that! :lol: My livestock survived because of my water changes. :whistle But I agree it's a very good investment one should have! ;)