fish hiding after clean tank and change 1/5 water

harrywwh

hello all

today I just clean my tank, removing some algae and spounges that grow within the tank, also replaced 1/5 of the water. again I check my tank in the afternoon, saw my fish is either hiding and my flame and bi-color angel is lying on the sand, there must be some thing wrong within the tank, immediately check for ammonia and NO2, both reading show minimum reading respectively at 0ppm and <0.3ppm.

I do not know where had gone wrong and already fish is dying.

what can I do to minimised damages? :(

3 FISHES had gone, they are bi-color angel, flame angel, six line wrasse :angel: .

Still puzzle over the incident. had immediately put in carbon and top up bateria liquid. Suspect might have accidentaly disturb the filter media or the tap water might have problem (had add anti chlorine and chlomide Genesis)

Crosss my finger and pray hard for my remaining Brown tang, Powder blue, golden head goby, dottyback, sabre clown and one unknown wrasse............ :eyeblur:

• SRC Member

Sorry to hear that. :(

Bro, you sure you got the SG right? Do you mean 1.025 ... instead of 1.0205?

ehh dun think the SG swing will be much affected, my fish are doing well at 1.008 when doing hypo for itch..

Or maybe the water source got problem?

GIve up liao!!!!!!!!!!!

yup, sG = 1.0205

btw dottyback had gone too.... :(

Is your SG a typo? Should be 1.025, right?

What salt mix are you using? Maybe a bad batch?

The other think is the water source. Maybe the chlorine not fully removed.

Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be, be one.

Marcus Aurelius

Sorry to hear that. :cry2:

I change water once a week too and up to 1/3 of tank. So far so good. Keeping fingers cross after hearing your episode.

I pre-mix my SW and use a powerhead to run if for at least 2 days. After that, I scoop some water out of the tank and then replace with the pre-mixed SW. I don't replace all the water in 1 go. Trying not to "shock" the LS if the parameters are way off. BTW, I only check the SG of the pre-mix SW.

My SG range between 1.020 - 1.021, PH reading = 8.3

me using red sea salt and is not a fresh pack, so don't likely due to the salt.

so far 5 fishes had gone liao, bi-color angel, flame angel, dottyback, brown tang and sixline. Clown fish still hiding, gold head sleeper goby, powder blue and unknown wrasse seen to be ok. :eyeblur:

this is what LS advise , it is not recommended to disturb the sand and expecially the filter media. this will cause the bacteria to die and your NO2 will be up again which will effect your fish.

i also heard the tap water sometimes have toxic which cant be remove by adding anti clorine.

• SRC Member

sad to hear ur loss.

did u remove the sponges completely?

i heard sponges give out toxic that kills when stressed.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||