Chiller/cooling Fan

Terryz_

• SRC Member

Yah, fan is not so effective , but better than nothing , provided you are willing

to spend on chiller. There are lots of shop in Sim Lim Tower selling the Fan but make sure you check on the type of connector. Don't go for cheap FAN.

Cheap thing no good, good thing no cheap. As for kalkwasser ..go to yahoo

and read up more, kalkwasser is to replenished the calcium level and all the XYZ . safer to use then just replaced with normal water. The only difficulty is the dripping method where you have to go to hospital pharmacy shop and buy the drip set only $3.20, ask the dispensary for it, they don't display the set.

• SRC Member
Yah, fan is not so effective , but better than nothing , provided you are willing

to spend on chiller. There are lots of shop in Sim Lim Tower selling the Fan but make sure you check on the type of connector. Don't go for cheap FAN.

Cheap thing no good, good thing no cheap. As for kalkwasser ..go to yahoo

and read up more, kalkwasser is to replenished the calcium level and all the XYZ . safer to use then just replaced with normal water. The only difficulty is the dripping method where you have to go to hospital pharmacy shop and buy the drip set only $3.20, ask the dispensary for it, they don't display the set.

or u can just go to any lfs and buy a airline valve... kalkwasser dosing is one of the easiest things u can do to your tank.

what might XYZ be ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

:lol: i am pretty new to marine tanks and my water temperature was around 29-31deg which is a little worrying :ph34r: so i decided to shop for a fan. finally managed to find one that is only $22 bucks :yeah: from those shops that sell mini fans for computers and machine parts... kekek.. think i saved quite a bit of money as i saw a fan for $49 bucks in a aquarium shop in Geylang.

my water temp has since den dropped from 31deg in the daytime to 28-29deg.

:eyeblur:

...what are u missing from your life?... dun wait till your last breathe before telling them that you care

• SRC Member

We R using cable-ties 2 secure our DIY fan now but I think a clip or clamp will definitely B much better, chances of it slipping/dropping in2 the tank is slimmer.

My fishes kena B4, but never mati leh (aiyah mayB they were lucky that 1 time). Then again, when I accidentally dropped the lights in the tank (with my other hand STILL in the water), I probably "absorbed" most of the stray current. Wah, dangerous man! :nuke:

OK OK, the MORAL OF THE STORY is - Make sure U secure the fan, DIY or otherwise, securely! Lest yr tank mates will get the shock of their short lives. ;)

• SRC Member
:lol: of cuz need to secure it property la and YES!!! water evaporation is a big headache. i lost about 3 liters of water a day after the fan has been installed. in the past i can still wait for 2 days to top up 2 liters of water top up and now i guess i can hardly be away from home for more than 2 days :yeah::yeah:

...what are u missing from your life?... dun wait till your last breathe before telling them that you care