I think skimmer kena oil ...

koniyakutz

• SRC Member

Hi guys,

My skimmer was working fine until I added a powerhead for circulation purposes. :(

Attached is are pics before I added the new PH.

dscf00062ft.jpg

dscf00142ys.jpg

After adding the PH, I noticed a great reduction in foam from the skimmer. There used to be alot of foam coming out from the narrow funnel but now, there is no foaming at all. :cry:

I suspect its the PH as I found some oil on the impeller when I took it out from the box. I washed the PH before installing it in my tank but it seems there are still traces of oil.

I have already did a partial water change last night but its still not foaming when I checked this morning, what should I do? :cry::cry::cry:

Damn china made PH..... :heh::pinch:

I'm currently cycling the LR only tank without any fishes.

Thanks

• SRC Member

hi there, IMO, i think the PH you bought is not genrating enuff power to the skimmer itself...which doesnt generate enuff bubbles to create foam (see from the 2nd pic that u attached) .... is your skimmer generating fine bubble after installing the new PH?

• SRC Member
hi there, IMO, i think the PH you bought is not genrating enuff power to the skimmer itself...which doesnt generate enuff bubbles to create foam (see from the 2nd pic that u attached) .... is your skimmer generating fine bubble after installing the new PH?

The PH that I added is for water circulation purposes, I'm using the orginal pump that came with my Macro skimmer.

Everything was working fine until I turned on the new PH .... :cry:

• SRC Member

i also had this problem when i use my macro needlewheel. at first it was forming bubbles, when i run my FR, which uses a PH too, the macro skimmer stops forming. :blink: juz tat the neck of the collection cup keep having orange mud, and the collection cup was empty.

Everything's sold. Back in 2yrs time.

ga051025.gif

If it's a WRX, it gotta be STI.

av-24.gif

• SRC Member
i also had this problem when i use my macro needlewheel. at first it was forming bubbles, when i run my FR, which uses a PH too, the macro skimmer stops forming. :blink: juz tat the neck of the collection cup keep having orange mud, and the collection cup was empty.

How long did it take b4 yr macro started skimming again?

• SRC Member

im realised that alot of ppl using macro, having these problems...refer to these thread

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=24887

What i did is to make sure that the bubbles formation are fine enuff....then check all parts that attached correctly, and of coz as mentioned by astroi, the thing take some time to kick in...also, remove the cap if can, i realised that it's better to have it removed....foaming are much more...no more water type waste...

• SRC Member

someone here has reported that a 'clean' skimmer skim better.....u might want to wash up the cup and wait a few days.....

:) Greeting :)

Tank: 4' by 2' by 2' (CR antique)

Sump: 3' include 1' refuigm

• SRC Member

yes, just try whatever it takes and remeber read more and seek more advice....it do helps...and lastly be very very patience.....