Should HDB do away with resale levy?

Reefbum

• SRC Member

Think many of us are caught in this property slum where the prices keep on dropping.The initial intent of this levy was due to the property boom about a decade ago.Not only do we see our assets being diminished, new flats are priced almost same price.We see more flats coming up with so many yet unsold.Dunno built for who? If the intention is for people to buy condos then why the sluggish take up rate for condos also.Seriously think HDB should do away with the levy.Comments..

• SRC Member

i was the damn stupid one who will be paying them 22.5% est abt $56k... becos of the stupid policy ... let me explain...me unlucky to have my name added as co owner... to my mum's hse then when my sis got married... with this i am considered enjoy 1st concessionay rate (although it stated purchase directly frim HDB which is not me)... then me current hse, my wife & me consider taking up 2nd concessionary rate.... in order to be near my in law who is taking are of my baby...we decided to sell our hse (resulting i decom my tank 1st), i have to pay levy cos getting New flat & i have to take a bank loan (4% cash!!!!!!!!!, abt 10k)...not getting resale cos, 3% agent fee & the 4% & resale flat px there are killing.....so we pend for our balloting & again, consider 2nd timer!!!!!! what the crab is this!!!!! added name to pay my mum's hse using CPF & kan penalise on this.......as if they are discouraging children not to stay with their parents OR TO USE CASH TO PAY THEM... anyway, HDB policy is changing...a point to add..we wrote in to appeal to allow us to purchase new flat (1o yrs bar), they agreed on exceptional basis but THEY THEN ALLOW OFFICIALLY FROM 10 TO 5 SO WHAT KIND OF EXCEPTIONAL BASIS THEY ARE GIVING ME.... :evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

• SRC Member

Im also affected by the levy.

Just dun get a new flat from HDB lor.

unless they do away with the bloody levy, they will be stuck with the thousands of unsold flats in jurong west,sengkang and punggol.

somemore new flats are so small. my 4A is ard the same size as a new 5I.

;)

• SRC Member

for me, taking new flat or resale, 4% is still payable & if dun sell this yr, it will go to 6%, 8% to 10%!!!!!!!!! taking resale, levy is still payble BUT DEFERRED AT 5% P.A...STILL EATS INTO OUT RETIREMENT FUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whose fault?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry::angry::angry:

• SRC Member

As for me I want to downgrade to a smaller flat but now the price of 3 room resale big hike liao.After calculation, not worth getting 3 room.So I look at price of new 4 room.The only big difference is the stupid resale levy that would wipe out any 'savings'.Now I stuck liao.

• SRC Member

stupid rules always let us get caught... i sold my hdb and thinking of getting ec since it is quite big and reasonable pricing but *expletive* with the levy imposed, buy landed freehold cheaper.

last time no ec so i buy 4a first mah... not that i like to buy and sell... oso neber make money when sell but still kena squeeze. worse than the taxman.