Need Advice...

Firstly let me say Hello to everyone here.I'm new into this marine hobby.I just custom made a 4ft by 2ft by 2.5ft (12mm thickness) tank,which also comes with cabinet,below sump tank in 3 partition.I've also purchase a 1/2hp chiller,hailea power head and all the necessity to build up a mrine tank.I intend to keep soft/hard corals and clams with minimal fishes.Now the problem is which lighting should I go for???I'm very keen in MH but I guess my mum doesn't really want me to drill hole on the wall or ceiling.I've check out the weipro,acardia lighting sets but again I dunno which is the better bulb to go for.I hope someone pls kindly advice me with regards to this matter.My tank will be coming next week,the marine people will come and set up the system for me.By the way on that day itself when they pour in the seawater should I also put in liverocks to cycle the tank???I plan to cycle the tank for 3 weeks be4 I put in corals,clams etc.Or should I cycle the tank for some weeks then put in liverocks???So which is which???Now the important part is which lighting should I go for minus the MH.I'm looking for the kind of light that sits on the top of the tank.I went pasir ris farm block D they selling the acardia lights which sits on my tank.It's 4ft in length,inside can place 4 tubes,they selling for $380.They tell me that one very good,just ask me to put in dunno wat T5 lights which they don't have at the moment but assure can order in for me.Can anyone pls kindly advice me on this lighting matter.I appreciate a lot.Many thks

• SRC Member
Firstly let me say Hello to everyone here.I'm new into this marine hobby.I just custom made a 4ft by 2ft by 2.5ft (12mm thickness) tank,which also comes with cabinet,below sump tank in 3 partition.I've also purchase a 1/2hp chiller,hailea power head and all the necessity to build up a mrine tank.I intend to keep soft/hard corals and clams with minimal fishes.Now the problem is which lighting should I go for???I'm very keen in MH but I guess my mum doesn't really want me to drill hole on the wall or ceiling.I've check out the weipro,acardia lighting sets but again I dunno which is the better bulb to go for.I hope someone pls kindly advice me with regards to this matter.My tank will be coming next week,the marine people will come and set up the system for me.By the way on that day itself when they pour in the seawater should I also put in liverocks to cycle the tank???I plan to cycle the tank for 3 weeks be4 I put in corals,clams etc.Or should I cycle the tank for some weeks then put in liverocks???So which is which???Now the important part is which lighting should I go for minus the MH.I'm looking for the kind of light that sits on the top of the tank.I went pasir ris farm block D they selling the acardia lights which sits on my tank.It's 4ft in length,inside can place 4 tubes,they selling for $380.They tell me that one very good,just ask me to put in dunno wat T5 lights which they don't have at the moment but assure can order in for me.Can anyone pls kindly advice me on this lighting matter.I appreciate a lot.Many thks

This thread on lighting started by AT helped me alot on this issue.

Life is a Cruel Teacher. It punishes you first and then gives you the lesson

By the way yours seems like only white light.I wish to have both white and blue color lights.If I still can't figure something then I guess I'll just have to get the MH.Do you know where can I buy MH set.I saw a few but only in white light.Looking for something in both blue/white.Pls advice.Thks

• SRC Member
There a hang-on models of MH light. One of them is Weipro.

Keong Seong on Havelock Road sell them.

Does weipro comes with MH lighting for 2ft tank? Had checked out eaquanature, they onli sell 3 and 4ft set.

Btw, where is the actual location (i.e. map) of the place you had mentioned.

:thanks: