(L&S) Bamboo shark's CRAZE named project "Nitro"

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

hmmm ,,,,... maybe i will rent one 3 rm at Westcoast just for it . <_< hehe some more can go ML buy food for it . :)

lol.... later the whole floor collapsed... haha.... then the newspaper headline: "HDB flat collapsed by shark tank".... :ph34r:

• SRC Member

Hi :D

This evening i did a test on my little sharky on it senses... actually was talking over the phone with a friend of mine regarding the sharks he once fish during a fishing trip in one of the angmo country. he told me that sharks have veri good sense of smell and advise me to do a simple test.. to see how it hunt

ok the test is veri simple.. dip a live ghost shrimp with the blood of a fresh clam ( thoses we eat in laksa ) for a few minutes to let the blood blend with the shrimp.. then drop a drop or two of the clam's blood into the water and see how the sharks react..

i tired feeding those clam to the shark before but wash away the blood cos i did not wan to foul the water. the reaction was not as big when i carry out the test..

Ok this is wat happen...

a few seconds after the blood was drop into the tank.. the two little sharks suddenly became veri active like it suddenly came to life and started swimming around in a franzzy.. up and down, front to back as if trying to detect the source of it. it is the first time i saw them in this mode.. next i throw in the shrimp and let it swim around freely. :)

the bigger sharky was veri fast in detecting the shrimp. it is the first time i see it hunt. it seems to know where the shrimp is.. swim straight to it and attack it before the shrimp knows a thing..:blink:

Test conduct with veri pleased result.. concludsion : Dun try hand feeding sharks if u are bleeding :D

cheers :D

• SRC Member

also, dun let the shark have the knowledge that whenever ur hands are in, it meant food.. coz the last time i keep 3 snowflakes moray, i used to hand feed them and whenever i clean the tank, they started to follow me ard.. very unnerving... they will even swim next to u to sniff on the fingers to try to detect food.. scary!!! :o

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member
also, dun let the shark have the knowledge that whenever ur hands are in, it meant food.. coz the last time i keep 3 snowflakes moray, i used to hand feed them and whenever i clean the tank, they started to follow me ard.. very unnerving... they will even swim next to u to sniff on the fingers to try to detect food.. scary!!! :o

Hi bro..

but normally the sharks leave me alone when i clean the tank of aglae....... but i understand ur feeling.. used to keep trigger and lion.. they follow me wherever i go......

Cheers :)

• SRC Member

haha.... haunt u where ever u go till u get frighten and give them food.... :lol: :lol: :lol::lol:

Hi Lester

i have been keeping tracks of your sharks loggings. I must say it is very interesting, info-mative, entertaining and to some extent, do exert some influence on some of the reefer in src into sharks. but are you intending to provide them a larger tank when they grow bigger? just my 2.5cents advise. BTW how come nowadays no pictures from you of your sharks. Still have not got the ditigal camera back??

we want more :D

lol. . i muz agree with cowgivemilk. . lester did interest me in sharks. . in fact there are quite a few species of sharks available at lfs. . pasir ris farms do sell bamboo sharks. .

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member
lol. . i muz agree with cowgivemilk. . lester did interest me in sharks. . in fact there are quite a few species of sharks available at lfs. . pasir ris farms do sell bamboo sharks. .

got sell? U knw how much brother? can pm me KKKKK

:thanks:

• SRC Member

Hi guys ... :D

:thanks: for the Support guys:).. Glad to know everyone is having fun :P

ok ...

got some pics to show.. after so many days without my DC.. glad that friend decided to borrow me yesterday for today friends' wedding :D by the way, .. the food not bad ... :) cheers :D

• SRC Member

some updates on the two little ones :evil:

Added Some more LRs ( :thanks: to bro shawn :D )

Hows the layout of the LR.. Comments and Advise WElcome :yeah:

post-17-1116076235.jpg

This is little sharky part 2.. the york is gone. :lol: .. will try feeding in a days or two it looks abit steam steam .. :unsure:

post-17-1116076626.jpg

Cheers :peace:

• SRC Member

hmm... Hey !! if u dun mind!! i am changing...!!!

post-17-1116076925.jpg

Mirror Mirror ON the Wall.. Whoses the handsomest of them all ???

post-17-1116077310.jpg

< Big sharky loves to day dream.... >

Govt Doing Upgrading ... :eyebrow:

plus CAble TV too ??? :blink:

post-17-1116077900.jpg

To friend or not TO FRIEND !! >>>>???????

post-17-1116078338.jpg

• SRC Member

hi guys...

manage to capture little sharky doing a leopard crawl... found it quite funny and told my GF about it.. she told me she thought that fish swims?? little sharky looks more like a puppy instead of a fish :D

decided to post it here to share wif u guys :P

i also learn something new today. didn't know how to use the microsoft move maker.but today figure out the basic :D hehe looks like we all learn something new everyday as long as we dare to take a d first step out :D

cheers :D

Little_sharky_doing_Leopard_crawl.zip

• SRC Member
hehe found somethng i can't help but laugh to myself :P

LOL :lol:

wu liao

actually, it do look like one :lol:

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||