KUEYTOC TANGS KINGDOM 4ftx2.5ftx2.5ft

kueytoc

• SRC Member
  • SRC Member

Wow bro so many many GEMS..... :shock:

Show us ur FTS must be stunning.. :shock::bow:

|| Tank: 5x2x2.5 || Sump 3.5x1.5.1.5 || Lights: DeLighting 2x80w Aquable Special T5 ||

|| Return: 2 x ehiem 1264 || Skimmer: Skimz SM251 ||

|| CR: deltec denitrator || ATO with custom make reservior tank||

|| FR: TLF running Rowas ,UV ||

|| Wavemaker: Jebao RE20& RW15|| Chiller: Daikin 1HP Compressor ||

|| Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor ||

• SRC Member
:kiss:I wonder how
I wonder why
Yesterday you told me 'bout the blue blue sky
And all that I can see is just a YELLOW Lemon-Tree
I'm turning my head up and down
I'm turning turning turning turning turning around
And all that I can see is just another Lemon-Tree
:eyebrow:

:look:Lemon Tree Coral (Stereonepthya sp.) is sometimes referred to as Broccoli Coral, Branch, or Cauliflower Coral.

They are Gold to Yellow slender branching tree-like Soft corals that are ideal for the beginner reef aquarists. The parent colony of these coral frags were originally collected in Indonesia, and were maintained in-house, and then quarantined and given a health inspection before being propagated.

The Lemon Tree Coral relies on the symbiotic algae within it for food, but will benefit from the addition of microplankton, marine snow, and dissolved organic materials to round out its diet in the home reef aquarium.

QUICK STATS
Care Level: Moderate
Temperament: Peaceful
Lighting: Moderate
Waterflow: Medium to Strong
Water Conditions: 72-78° F, dKH 8-12, pH 8.1-8.4, sg 1.023-1.025
Color Form: Tan, Yellow
Supplements: Strontium, Iodine, Trace Elements
Family: Nephtheidae

Stereonephthya, the ‘Photosynthetic Carnation Coral’

The dazzling colors of non-photosynthetic “carnation†corals have for the most part alluded aquarists. There is no doubt that these azooxanthellate corals are the future, but much still needs to be understood about the dietary needs of these species such as Dendronephthya, Stereonephthya and Umbellulifera.

For a long time aquarists have joked how great it would be to find a coral with the color and shape of Dendronephthya, with the photosynthetic abilities of the much hardier Capenalla. While they may not be as easy to grow as Kenya Trees, the striking Stereonephthya nearly fits this criteria. Stereonepthya is a widespread coral that has been available for years, without much recognition by collectors, retailers and hobbyists. This is likely because it was thought to be azooxanthellate or non-photosynthetic. Many sources state this including Fabricius and Alderslade’s book Soft Corals and Sea Fans. However, Fabricius updated this finding in 2005, with the paper Diversity of algal endosymbionts (zooxanthellae) in octocorals: the roles of geography and host relationships.

In this study Fabricius et. al provide evidence of symbiosis with clade C zooxanthellae in specimens collected from the Red Sea and Great Barrier reef and further suggest that Stereonepthya seems to be facultative in its photosynthetic reliance. See the full study here PDF.

Interestingly I received the rock shown above which includes 4 different color morphs of Stereonepthya sp.. Of the four, two appear to be photosynthetic. I thought this was odd. Assuming the four lived among one another in the same conditions, I would expect them to share the same photosynthetic ability. After examining the rock more closely it turns out it was actually two rocks that the collectors carefully glued together! As expected the two photosynthetic morphs are on one rock, while the two non-photosynthetic morphs are on another.

The suspected azoox morphs are the pink and purple with white polyp specimens seen in the upper right hand photo. They are holding on, but have not fared nearly as well as the yellow and purple with golden polyp morphs. Note that these are simply my suspicions and would require some lab work to confirm. Some aquarists have found photosynthetic morphs of Stereonephthya to be extremely hardy and grow rapidly.

In my limited experience with this coral so far, it is more challenging than photosynethetic species within the Neptheidae family and does not appear to be reliant on just light alone to survive. The coral responds well to specialty azoox feeds as well as normal aquarium fare and detritus stirrings. If you’re an advanced aquarists looking for a new coral to try, or are potentially interested in trying azooxanthellate species, I would suggest looking into Stereonepthya. It offers a color and growth form that is not often found in aquaria.

post-2609-1267025440_thumb.jpg

post-2609-1267025446_thumb.jpg

post-2609-1267025453_thumb.jpg

good buy on the LEMON tree coral!

lol.... bet ya love lemon tea too ...hehe

I love your posting Kueytoc... always so colourful and interesting !

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

:upsidedown:LEMON-TREE blooms for U & MOI...

I wonder how

I wonder why

And all that I can see, and all that I can see, and all that I can see

Is just a Yellow LEMON-TREE

post-2609-1267889810_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer
:upsidedown:LEMON-TREE blooms for U & MOI...

I wonder how

I wonder why

And all that I can see, and all that I can see, and all that I can see

Is just a Yellow LEMON-TREE

your LEMON has gotten this LEMON very excited! lol. my real sur name is Tea. very matching lol. Lemon Tea

• SRC Member
  • SRC Member
  • SRC Member
  • SRC Member
  • SRC Member
  • SRC Member
  • SRC Member

Super nice acans... B)

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member
  • SRC Member