Pumps For Beckett

six66

to all becketts users out there..pls help !!! :paiseh:

kindly tell me what pump is best suited for a 8" diameter 30" tall beckett 1048 skimmer??from entry level to mid level only... no money to get those high-end pumps :(

all replies are greatly appreciated...thx

• SRC Member

Bro,

If you want cheap, you can use Resun MD55.

There are lots of 2nd hand one outside selling below 100.

If you want the beckett to drive more bubbles, you may need higer series than MD55, like Iwaki MD70 or Iwaki MX70 but this cost alot.

Rgds

• SRC Member

for rio pumps, it is usable...but for how long, no one knows yet...rio pumps are not meant for high pressure stuffs...it might spoilt in the long run...

the stronger the pump the better the performance..if u are not gonna place the skimmer very far away from the sump and pump, i suggest md40 will be sufficient...cheaper and lesser power consumption...if u want better performance go for the md55...u want subperb performance go for mx70 or even 100...but i'm not sure if the skimmer can handle the turbulence...too much turbulence, your skimmer will not work efficiently as well...

thx for the assurance guys :) im thinking bout the same thing also rio or resun, iwaki too expensive :(....the placement of the skimmer is < 1 ft away so i guess md55 would be sufficient....

any problems so far using resun md55??anyone???

noisy or leakage??

im also looking into quiet one, sequence, mag, gen-x n little giant, are they available in singapore??how do they fare against resun & pricing too pls

thx :)

Resun md55 warms up pretty fast n it can get real hot, so definately muz place outside ur cabinet. :lol:

Anyway another reefer did a review on beckett using rio32 and it works well for him. . u might wan to try tt as well.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member
any problems so far using resun md55??anyone???

noisy or leakage??

been using md55 with no cabinet for close to 10days.

so far NO issue with sound, suprisingly VERY quiet

but like acidjazz said, it does get quite warm...but i think that isn't too much of a concern if you're not using a cabinet.

as for running it in cabinet, the senior reefer who sold me his beckett told me the md55 when running in cabinet can make the cabinet quite warm, so you might wanna take that into consideration

if you wanna see it running in action, i would strongly suggest paying bio ocean a visit, their 10ft display tank has at least 3 md40 and 1 md55 running....will give you a great idea of noise and heat.

one more thing, they've got a 6ft beckett running on md55...go and take a look at the bubbles and foam....shiock man! :yeah:

to whoever built it: you're my idol :P

been using md55 with no cabinet for close to 10days.

so far NO issue with sound, suprisingly VERY quiet

but like acidjazz said, it does get quite warm...but i think that isn't too much of a concern if you're not using a cabinet.

as for running it in cabinet, the senior reefer who sold me his beckett told me the md55 when running in cabinet can make the cabinet quite warm, so you might wanna take that into consideration

if you wanna see it running in action, i would strongly suggest paying bio ocean a visit, their 10ft display tank has at least 3 md40 and 1 md55 running....will give you a great idea of noise and heat.

one more thing, they've got a 6ft beckett running on md55...go and take a look at the bubbles and foam....shiock man! :yeah:

to whoever built it: you're my idol :P

too bad, six666 is in Malaysia KL :o