Resun CL280 - What is the flow rate needed

dt8666

• SRC Member

I guess it's depend on your tank size and heat that produce.

For your guide line.

My CL650 for my 3x1.5x1.5 tank and 3x1.5x1.5 sump with 3 RIO HF20, I need HF20 to drive my chiller as return. It's take 15 mins to cool down from 26C to 24C and rest for 30mins.

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member

thanks. is it normal to have so frequent on/off? like your case of 15minutes on and off for 30min. My PC 1/2H on 3x2x2.5 with 250WMH + 4 x 24W T5 run as 2.5hr on and off for about 3hr. with 2000l/h dedicated pump. return is 20hf.

• SRC Member
thanks. is it normal to have so frequent on/off? like your case of 15minutes on and off for 30min. My PC 1/2H on 3x2x2.5 with 250WMH + 4 x 24W T5 run as 2.5hr on and off for about 3hr. with 2000l/h dedicated pump. return is 20hf.

I have a cl 280 also. I am using 1200l/h ehiem pump. It okick start for 3 - 5min, then stop for 3 - 5 min. Can anyone help? Cause i just got this new chiller for ~ 5 months.

I have a cl 280 also. I am using 1200l/h ehiem pump. It okick start for 3 - 5min, then stop for 3 - 5 min. Can anyone help? Cause i just got this new chiller for ~ 5 months.

bro, change ur pump to a weaker flow rate. my chiller is 1/3 hp and i'm only using eheim 1250, works perfectly for me. temp drop from 28 degrees to 26 degrees in an hour and kick start 4 hours later. prob u sld use a flow rate like 500l/hr? cheap atman pump will do.. no more than 15 bucks!

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member

bro, change ur pump to a weaker flow rate. my chiller is 1/3 hp and i'm only using eheim 1250, works perfectly for me. temp drop from 28 degrees to 26 degrees in an hour and kick start 4 hours later. prob u sld use a flow rate like 500l/hr? cheap atman pump will do.. no more than 15 bucks!

Thanks, i had turned my valve to about half the flow ~600l/h. Waiting for results.

• SRC Member

so the Key is work on the right flowrate.. I know there are some topic cover the same. so freq ON/OFF will kill the Chiller...

That is why I'm asking the onwer's manual. So any brother using CL280 and can share your pump used and tank size?

• SRC Member
hmmm

does that means the slower the flowrate the longer the main tank will remian cool ????

Not really.

THe slower the flow, the faster your water will heat up in your main tank.

In the end, this will cause your chiller to turn on more frequently.