Where to pick mangroves?

chinmo

• SRC Member

Yo bros! any spot where there is alot of mangrove plants to pick in singapore? Pasir ris beach have not? :huh:

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

• SRC Member
ozy Posted on Apr 14 2005, 04:43 PM

Sorry, but hijacking this thread.

I was told that the roots of mangrove and bond tightly with the glass, and it might break the glass. Is that true? 

if it does gorow on the glass.... use a chisel to scrape off the roots..

• SRC Member

i know i know

how many u need can help you get

u wan those with roots or ?

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• SRC Member
i know i know

how many u need can help you get

u wan those with roots or ?

Cool! Thanks bro! i need ard 20 mangroves... u don't have to troublt to help me lah, let me know roughly the location will be very good liao. :P

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

• SRC Member
Sorry, but hijacking this thread.

I was told that the roots of mangrove and bond tightly with the glass, and it might break the glass. Is that true?

not sure about into glass.... but read up that the roots might find it's way into the sillicon..... :shock:

• SRC Member

it at pounglo

but u need 20 wat are the sizes ??? with leaves or those just sprot out type

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• SRC Member
Sungei Api Api at Pasir Ris Beach. Plently

api api? near which side ? the ntuc chalet? or elias park? ;)

• SRC Member
it at pounglo

but u need 20 wat are the sizes ??? with leaves or those just sprot out type

pungol ar? issit very ulu? was thinking bringing my CO along.... to pick the mangroves... :lol:

• SRC Member

clarkiiclown04 wat kind u need those with or without leaves ???

will try to collect some when i went for a fishing trip

yoz chinmo... read up somewhere dat keeping mangroves is not an effective way to export nutrients. koz they grew too slow(=take in nutrients slow too), & does need daily spraying of freshwater on their leaves to rinse away the salt deposits. i collect mine from pulau hantu haha. if ur collecting pls take those pods with no roots or leaves sprouting as if they're kept in a diff salinity from the place where they're originally collected from, most prob they wun survive...