Feeding Tube Worms

• SRC Member

What about bacon and sausage? They need a complete breakfast. Throw in some cereal and toast too, ok?

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

Egg yolk is a component of Marine liquidfry. Basically I think this product is rather useless...it's not nutritious enough and the only thing it does is to foul up your water. If I were you I would go for DT's phytoplankton or MarineSnow instead.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

haha...

later he take it as a bad joke.

I neber hear of using egg yolk leh.

eh.. care to tell where its from..?

cos i use egg yolk to feed my freshwater fish fries when they are small instead of liquidfry and they grow mah! i was assuming we feed them with plankton cos it's small enough for the corals. so i tot about using egg yolk la. what if we blend our fish pellets into powder? will corals eat them too?

• SRC Member
Egg yolk is a component of Marine liquidfry. Basically I think this product is rather useless...it's not nutritious enough and the only thing it does is to foul up your water. If I were you I would go for DT's phytoplankton or MarineSnow instead.

what does dt stand for?

is there an alternative for plankton? cos the marine lfs nearest to my place is 1/2 hour's drive away.

• SRC Member

DT is a brand of bottled phytoplankton.

Realistically, I think very very few people bother to feed those worms. They seem to do fine with whatever that is already in the water.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

From the ingredients on the packing, I guessed you derived at egg yolks... :P

However, I believe it is only a minute proportion...

I ever tried using liquifry marine on my tubeworms but the growth is not satisfactory.

Has switched to phytoplankton type. Results seems much better aesthetically but yet again, maybe the condition of my water had improved so more filter feeding activity has taken place... :P

And also read from a book that they enjoy nauplii, rotifers...

To feed, their tenacles wave in the water flow and trap small prey before channelling it into the mouth.

Just a caution...dun keep cowfish with them. My Cowie had murdered tens of them...really sashimi palate... :P

• SRC Member

It has never been reported that a tube worm will feed on coralline algae.

post-36-1093875548.jpg