Yady Pincers

emperorangel

I got one which is more compact than the one shown here from Ocean Pl**et. It's less than five bucks...Serve the same purpose...would yours be cheaper? wouldn't mind getting another one... :P

mine is about $20.00 but I think it's more stable and worth the price! :D It's a two way feeding apparatus and the little loop you see near the pincers , is for you to dangle it with a nylon thread from the center of the tank. I really like it , as the grip is pretty firm. I'd like to know if any of you have seen this in the stores? ;) it comes with some square pieces of vitamin packed leaves. Really yummy , I felt like eating one! :lol:

post-17-1062992851.jpg

• SRC Member
I've always wanted to find a stable nori or vegetable holder and now I've finally found it! :yeah: I saw this picture from someone's tank and it reminded me of a stapler turned nori holder. :D  compare the difference. ;)

That looks like a modified plastic bag sealer/fastener. Ikea has them....few bucks for a dozen! Some supermarkets stock them too.

That looks like a modified plastic bag sealer/fastener. Ikea has them....few bucks for a dozen! Some supermarkets stock them too.

plastic bag sealers don't look like that if you know what one looks like in the first place! :lol: and by the way , Ikea is for household items and not a fish mart! :P besides If they were selling these in supermarkets I would have gotten them a long time ago as it would have made life easier :pinch: let me know if you can get these at a couple of bucks a dozen....ha ha ha ha........because I haven't seen them on sale. :sick:

• SRC Member

Hey...emperorangel...no need to fret...

Must be feeling a slight tweeny weeny bit of upset thinking that you have been shortchanged.

Me too about the other one but I saw AT's tank having it for nori and when I saw it, I grabbed then I found out that you do DIY with clips from Popular Bookstore but nebmind...bought liao mah...

Anyway, I believe blu_surf was implying that there is slight resemblance about the IKEA's ones to yours. Btw I happened to have tens of them left over from a project.(Wouldn't mind giving you some to DIY) Maybe we can form a USMS/WITS team on this and save fellow reefers more money... :P

So dun worry...you got the authentic one... :lol:

Hey...emperorangel...no need to fret...

Must be feeling a slight tweeny weeny bit of upset thinking that you have been shortchanged.

Me too about the other one but I saw AT's tank having it for nori and when I saw it, I grabbed then I found out that you do DIY with clips from Popular Bookstore but nebmind...bought liao mah...

Anyway, I believe blu_surf was implying that there is slight resemblance about the IKEA's ones to yours. Btw I happened to have tens of them left over from a project.(Wouldn't mind giving you some to DIY) Maybe we can form a USMS/WITS team on this and save fellow reefers more money... :P

So dun worry...you got the authentic one... :lol:

Hey :thanks: for the vote of confidence flubberina , :yeah: we could come up with really something for all our reefers out there and not make the ones we buy look like something from Ikea :cry2: anyway this works for me and I might come up with an DIY solution to peg a giant piece of Nori to a clipboard and call it my own invention! :lol:

• SRC Member

plastic bag sealers don't look like that if you know what one looks like in the first place! :lol: and by the way , Ikea is for household items and not a fish mart! :P besides If they were selling these in supermarkets I would have gotten them a long time ago as it would have made life easier :pinch: let me know if you can get these at a couple of bucks a dozen....ha ha ha ha........because I haven't seen them on sale. :sick:

Here's a pic of them. I have plenty at home for my kids' leftover biscuits and sweets plastic bags. I think you are the one who haven't seen plastic bags sealer/fastener!!!!! :D:):D:)

sealer.jpg

• SRC Member

Here's another pic in a similar position. Ikea has been selling these for donkey years and yes, for only a few bucks a dozen!! And I have been using them for donkey years too! I did not say Ikea sell fish stuff. You have to read carefully before you shoot your mouth off! Btw, the pink one above was from a supermarket...but can't remember which one coz my wife bought them (again few bucks a dozen!).

sealer2.jpg

Here's another pic in a similar position. Ikea has been selling these for donkey years and yes, for only a few bucks a dozen!! And I have been using them for donkey years too! I did not say Ikea sell fish stuff. You have to read carefully before you shoot your mouth off! Btw, the pink one above was from a supermarket...but can't remember which one coz my wife bought them (again few bucks a dozen!).

sealer2.jpg

whoa! :o I see someones really touchy these days! I guess the kids must be getting on his nerves somehow. :lol: Do you see any resemblence towards the plastic bag fastener and the yady pincers?! I think not! :P Let me know if you really can get(I mean really get the original ones and not household products that I already know and have) :lol: the yady pincers for a few bucks a dozen because I don't want plastic bag fasteners. I can't believe you think the plastic bag fasteners look like the yady pincers! :sick: They resemble more of staplers if you ask me. The plastic bag fasteners work on a "click" to hold onto and the yady doesn't and theres more then one way of feeding then just gripping. Next time ask how it works before saying I could get it at Ikea stores. You need to get out more blu surf! :lol:

• SRC Member

Look, I wouldn't say your reply to my post was exactly friendly and I was replying in the same tone. Your original post mentioned that you were always looking for the holder in that photo you posted. I was merely helping by making a suggestion that you could modify one yourself using those inexpensive plastic bags fastener/sealer from Ikea. Same or not, others can see it for themselves. If you really think there's no resemblance by looking at the photo you posted and my last photo, I think you need to get your eyes check or at least wipe the gunk off your eyes (try the corners of your eyes near the nose bridge. That's usually where most of it accumulate). The ones I have are like staplers to me too.

I did not say you could get your pincher at Ikea, I said you could get those plastic bag sealer/fastener at Ikea store and modify. You really need to read my post again. I think you really need to do something about your eyes...hmmm...maybe it's the brain.

Actually, all your replies to me are kind of sarcastic. We are here to share and learn. I made a suggestion, you threw some sarcastic remarks at me.

Unfortunately, all kinds of forum has a couple of (in nicer words) smart alec like you. And unfortunately, I am having my first close encounter with one...I usually avoid them like a plague.

Similarly, in this post, I am relpying in the same tone.

Goodbye.

Before I leave, here's a modified pincher using IKEA PLASTIC BAG FASTENER/SEALER done in 2 minutes!!

sealer4.jpg

sealer3.jpg

Look, I wouldn't say your reply to my post was exactly friendly and I was replying in the same tone. Your original post mentioned that you were always looking for the holder in that photo you posted. I was merely helping by making a suggestion that you could modify one yourself using those inexpensive plastic bags fastener/sealer from Ikea. Same or not, others can see it for themselves. If you really think there's no resemblance by looking at the photo you posted and my last photo, I think you need to get your eyes check or at least wipe the gunk off your eyes (try the corners of your eyes near the nose bridge. That's usually where most of it accumulate). The ones I have are like staplers to me too.

I did not say you could get your pincher at Ikea, I said you could get those plastic bag sealer/fastener at Ikea store and modify. You really need to read my post again. I think you really need to do something about your eyes...hmmm...maybe it's the brain.

Actually, all your replies to me are kind of sarcastic. We are here to share and learn. I made a suggestion, you threw some sarcastic remarks at me.

Unfortunately, all kinds of forum has a couple of (in nicer words) smart alec like you. And unfortunately, I am having my first close encounter with one...I usually avoid them like a plague.

Similarly, in this post, I am relpying in the same tone.

Goodbye.

Before I leave, here's a modified pincher using IKEA PLASTIC BAG FASTENER/SEALER done in 2 minutes!!

sealer4.jpg

sealer3.jpg

I thought I should answer to those remarks blu surf made but then again I thought I would be bringing myself to his level of childishness! :P If he thinks he's right and happy with his stapler , then so be it! Flubberina had some nice things to say on this subject and a big thank you goes out to people like that. If theres a smart alec out there then theres certainly a sarcastic one right now. :lol: