Dark Greenish jade like bubble just burst

I have observed this cluster of 2-3 dark greenish bubble had been growing from a live rock since the day I installed the rock in my tank. That was in August last year. The surface feels hard and smooth. Looks like one of those jade except that it is more round.

Just now I note that the largest of these bubbles burst leaving a plastic like tissue where the bubble was. I was still a full bubble yesterday. It was probably about 1cm in diameter (not a perfect sphere since the base was attached to the rock).

I have yet to spot any new sea animals in the tank. May be it has gone into hiding.

Does any one know what had been in the bubble?

I will try to get a picture of it but in the meantime if you have similar experience, please respond to this query. Thanks in advance.

Roidan, thanks. I read about it some time back. The picture you have offered looks similar except that the ones in my tank is not shaped like a sphere. It couple be the second one on the list which is hard.

Reading the notes does not tell me how long these takes to grow till it burst. I have two more but if I see more appearing it will confirm their presence and I should remove them before they burst.

Thanks again.

Hehe....I just removed 2 from my refugium.

Got one even 2.5cm diameter!!!!

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...