Found At Lck 11*

• SRC Member

Ummm, I think it is about time we snap out of the loop of following the trends of others and develop one of our own culture. Yellow tangs are yucks in US, cool in Europe. Purple tangs are boring in Germany but expensive in US. Just a guess, the americans must be salivating at our yumas although we are ogling at their floridas.

See the trend max? It is all perceived.

Fully agree with pacificbetta, one man's meat is another's poison. Meaning we should keep what we really enjoy and not due to peer pressure or what everyone else is keeping.

However, most of the time what most people consider beautiful generally will be.

I just look for what I like visually and what I find to be attractive to my tank personally. :peace:

• SRC Member
I must say that WHITE, CREAM-MAROON and GREEN XENIA are very comon in States, it just don't get imported here.

The rare ones are Blood RED and Metallic BLUE, which fetch premium price. I got the white ones as well, but after communicating with reefers at States and German, I guess, it is not rare at all, don't go around telling your oversea reefer friends that you got this rare white Xenia, they will take you as some kind country boy :P:P:P

I will be visit the LA LFS and their large holding tank soon ;) .....as remember during my previous trip, they have white Xenia in holding tank that can fill a van!

I believe Xenia, need nutrient, iodine, light and moderate water flow. A 100% nutrient free environment(SPS) will see Xenia wither over the months....the only element lacking in a SPS tank is nutrient - U decide, U want yr White Xenia or DOC = brown SPS

Max

Hi there maxiguy

you may be right ,ut wat xenia are you keeping B)