Found At Lck 11*

• SRC Member
Yo went to Lck On Sunday brought a Rare white Xenia Very rare Very nice So buy one very expensive(40) :blink:

Check it out yourself NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE............................ :nuke:

Do you know that Xenia is prone to crash in tank? You can ask around how many people have successfully keep a xenia, just my thought. One moment you can see them blooming, the next day, they will just melt away...

• SRC Member

hi there i have been keeping my xenia for 1 year now and they are growing like wild fire, so i do not know what is happening but its working for me.Is there any way to limit its spreading tried to attach a pic when i try to get my cam working :nuke:

• SRC Member
hi there i have been keeping my xenia for 1 year now and they are growing like wild fire, so i do not know what is happening but its working for me.Is there any way to limit its spreading tried to attach a pic when i try to get my cam working :nuke:

Hi Seareefer

You are very fortunate to be able to keep it :D Like I say, people that I spoke to cannot keep it alive for long...

• SRC Member

Rare white xenia? Sounds like the rare 'white' *cough* bleached *cough* frogspawns and anchors they were selling before. LCK has a lot of 'rare' corals. :D

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

It's not rare... just seldom imported. You have to shop around a bit to see if the prices are suitable for you. Some stuff come from further away... so there is a price difference.

The 'rare white stuff' is just a joke amongst us experienced reefers who sometimes see LFS people selling to newbies some bleached corals... well... everyone is a newbie before... experience and knowledge is therefore important to avoid selecting not so prime specimens! ;)

Oh, btw, xenias don't bleach... they just melt... :D They come in all sorts of colours and sometimes, people may ID them wrongly or mistake them for clove corals. Oh... and not all xenias pulse... ;)

REALLY the SOB dare to charge me so much .Thanks for telling me.

This@#$%^^&&*LFS!@#$%^^^ :pirate::nuke::angry::evil:

the xenia that Cookiemunster got can't be the same species from LCK.

this white xenia may cost more but its not something u'll find anywhere.

anyway, xenia's are not beginners coral, so do some reading up B4 buying them.

they can stun growth of SPS if placed too close so think twice if anybody wants to keep them.

XENIAs are really BEAUTIFUL n i looovvvv them......MMMmmmm.

hi there reefp J or any sps guru

i think i place to near my sps,but how will the animal affect the sps in any way.

pls advise anyone. :bow:

my personal observation have found that SPS that are placed closer to Xenia didn't grow at all or at least very little.

the same colony on the far side outgrow the side near to the Xenia by at least 1 1/2 inch. (under direct MH lighting N water movement were almost the same for the whole SPS colony)

Xenia that comes into direct contact with SPS dosn't kill it.

(anyway no real reserch was done to back this finding, just personal OB) :D

• SRC Member

the xenia that Cookiemunster got can't be the same species from LCK.

this white xenia may cost more but its not something u'll find anywhere.

anyway, xenia's are not beginners coral, so do some reading up B4 buying them.

they can stun growth of SPS if placed too close so think twice if anybody wants to keep them.

XENIAs are really BEAUTIFUL n i looovvvv them......MMMmmmm.

Dude,

why not ask marinebetta, Rumour or anyone who has been to my place to see it.

I even had a blue one. But that didn't make it.

I have seen his photo and its the same one. I did not get more cos I was looking for green and silver pumping xenias.

And I would agree xenias are not easy to keep corals so anyone keeping them should read up.

Xenias require a stable temp of max 28 degrees. A ph lower than 8.3 will cause them to pump irregularly. Iodine additions are important to their continuity. They love strong MH lights and will grow super fast under it. Medium current flow is also preferred.

And xenias will stunt sps growth. According to Julian Sprung, they release chemicals into the water to inhibit other corals nearby to prevent them from growing, and sometimes causing death. However they do not sting.

Dude,

why not ask marinebetta, Rumour or anyone who has been to my place to see it.

I even had a blue one. But that didn't make it.

I have seen his photo and its the same one. I did not get more cos I was looking for green and silver pumping xenias.

And I would agree xenias are not easy to keep corals so anyone keeping them should read up.

Xenias require a stable temp of max 28 degrees. A ph lower than 8.3 will cause them to pump irregularly. Iodine additions are important to their continuity. They love strong MH lights and will grow super fast under it. Medium current flow is also preferred.

And xenias will stunt sps growth. According to Julian Sprung, they release chemicals into the water to inhibit other corals nearby to prevent them from growing, and sometimes causing death. However they do not sting.

i'm sure u think thats the same Xenia species that u bought.

maybe if u see it in person, then u'll know why i say yours can't be the same species. the photo was of poor QLTY

or perhaps i'm wrong :D

whatever it is, I LOVE THEM N i'm sure u will too ;)

• SRC Member

Thank you J(reefrp) for your advise.Sorry for the PHOTOQ .cAN DROP BY HAVE A LOOK PM ME IF YOU HAVE THE TIME :bow::phone:

So cookieguy abt the different colouration of xenia tha you have kept where did you buy the blue one :yeah:

But as not to place them too near wats the the spacing required so that i will not affect the growth of those SPS. Pointers Anyone. :thanks:

• SRC Member
i'm sure u think thats the same Xenia species that u bought.

maybe if u see it in person, then u'll know why i say yours can't be the same species. the photo was of poor QLTY

or perhaps i'm wrong  :D

whatever it is, I LOVE THEM N i'm sure u will too ;)

Hmmm bro ,

perhaps you may be right. I will have to take a closer look one day. I hope you are right too as I am always looking for beautiful looking xenias. (they move hehehe)

I've been looking for green pumping xenias for a long time but it seems its never imported to Singapore.

I prefer the pumping xenia types as their pumping action really amazes me. Just like a soft bio motor. Imagine if engines of the future were built of genetic material which only needed sunlight to run. :yeah: And best of all, they grow more powerful the longer they are used and they self repair.

• SRC Member

I must say that WHITE, CREAM-MAROON and GREEN XENIA are very comon in States, it just don't get imported here.

The rare ones are Blood RED and Metallic BLUE, which fetch premium price. I got the white ones as well, but after communicating with reefers at States and German, I guess, it is not rare at all, don't go around telling your oversea reefer friends that you got this rare white Xenia, they will take you as some kind country boy :P:P:P

I will be visit the LA LFS and their large holding tank soon ;) .....as remember during my previous trip, they have white Xenia in holding tank that can fill a van!

I believe Xenia, need nutrient, iodine, light and moderate water flow. A 100% nutrient free environment(SPS) will see Xenia wither over the months....the only element lacking in a SPS tank is nutrient - U decide, U want yr White Xenia or DOC = brown SPS

Max

• SRC Member
I guess, it is not rare at all, don't go around telling your oversea reefer friends that you got this rare white Xenia, they will take you as some kind country boy

Ummm, I think it is about time we snap out of the loop of following the trends of others and develop one of our own culture. Yellow tangs are yucks in US, cool in Europe. Purple tangs are boring in Germany but expensive in US. Just a guess, the americans must be salivating at our yumas although we are ogling at their floridas.

See the trend max? It is all perceived.

• SRC Member
Ummm, I think it is about time we snap out of the loop of following the trends of others and develop one of our own culture. Yellow tangs are yucks in US, cool in Europe. Purple tangs are boring in Germany but expensive in US. Just a guess, the americans must be salivating at our yumas although we are ogling at their floridas.

See the trend max? It is all perceived.

Same sentiments... B)