Quarantine Subject II

• SRC Member
The "Boss" himself SAYS this... after I shared with him what happened.... "Aiyah, ICH IS NORMAL AND PART OF THE SYSTEM.... In my shop, every morning and late night when the fishes goes to sleep, they are all covered in white spots... very normal one.... but by afternoon they will be ok and swimming.... can buy one.... it's part of the fishes... get some more fishes lah" I won't mention who even though I still got my recent fishes from him (Oopss..... sound like I leak out who it is liao... :rolleyes::rolleyes: )..... :lol::D

very obvious u know :P sikali kanna wack :pinch:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

very obvious u know :P sikali kanna wack :pinch:

Why should I be afraid when it is from the boss's mouth direct.... He dare says he never say that meh? :lol::lol::D

If he denies... then too bad loh... If he feels his conscience clear then what can I say.... :P:rolleyes:

Anyway, enoff say of the LFS already lah... :lol:

For this episode, I dun blame that LFS really.... I could have kick myself for continue to buy from him... my wife and my khakis also asked me why I still buy from them but well, they got good location and accepts credit card.... :lol::D Besides, I got a QT tank to condition the fish on my own so will continue to patronise if the fishes are of rare specimen and good health... :lol::lol:

• SRC Member
Before some uninformed emotional wrecks come flaring up and screw me upside down for killing one fine specimen... Then I better remind whoever that before you start doing that, do read up more on quarantine practices and its objectives before you decide to go on a machine gun spree at me instead of getting the facts right first or empathise with me on my fish loss...  <_<

If some bros feel I am kiasu and am putting up my disclaimers too earlier,  :lol:  thought I state it out first because I am so sick of it when people dun get objective about matters or understand reasons for doing things when they go on an emotional rampage....  <_< 

In case you are uninformed and still decided to shoot me.. then I have to say this:  ;)

The whole idea of QT is to set up a separate tank (water parameters have to be well-kept of course!) to allow the buyer of the fish more time to determine the health state of the fish before putting it into the main tank.... .If you feel that one watanabei angel died and I'm cruel and responsible for its death... Then if it truly had died of viral causes, then I can't imagine if more fishes would have died if I put it into my main tank direct...

Maybe if you can't stand QT practices, then have it out with Underwater World, Singapore Zoo and Jurong Birdpark first before coming in to screw me... For all I know,  ;) they set up large quarantines to observe the animals before putting them on display... some animals in the zoo can be in QT for 3 months and some died along the way.... OR EVEN PUT TO SLEEP if found to carry any harmful virus or bacteria...

The whole idea of QT is to protect the other healthy animals in the main exhibit (main tank in our case)....  Too bad if the animal (or fish in our case) died....  One fish die better than whole tank crash or whole display wiped out....

dun worry bro, you are doing it the correct way. had you just thrown them in without quarantine them, it could have been worst. In the West folks have more space in the house to set up a Q tank but here in SG, not so easy after squeezing in that big tank. So you dun hear much of it. But it's the right way to go about it, even right down to corals and LR, you need to quarantine them.

An advice: Never be too bother about wat others may criticise (if any). Important is to believe in wat you are doing.

• SRC Member
I'm curious, what's the label you sticked onto the glass there?

"No Fishing Allow!" ? :P

"pls do not go near or disturb the fishes

fish undergoing quarantine treatment!!!!"

seamonkee right?? :D:D:P

• SRC Member

"pls do not go near or disturb the fishes

fish undergoing quarantine treatment!!!!"

seamonkee right?? :D:D:P

Wah... you sharp eyes, man!

I put up the signs because my nephews and nieces (who stay on the 8th floor above me) comes down often....

Likewise, my other brother-in-law (a contractor) came and was giving some hard knocks on the QT walls to see if it is acrylic or glass... even I told him the fish is placed here so people dun disturb it and it is acrylic... :shock::shock: He must still knock the aquarium walls.... damn contractor mentality... :angry:

So put up all THESE SIGNS to deter these people as much as possible....

:lol::D

• SRC Member

dun worry bro, you are doing it the correct way. had you just thrown them in without quarantine them, it could have been worst. In the West folks have more space in the house to set up a Q tank but here in SG, not so easy after squeezing in that big tank. So you dun hear much of it. But it's the right way to go about it, even right down to corals and LR, you need to quarantine them.

An advice: Never be too bother about wat others may criticise (if any). Important is to believe in wat you are doing.

Thanks for the encouraging thoughts.... :lol:

I dunno why but these days, members like me then to get shot very fast and easily on any boo-boos made.... :lol::D Probably because since I am going into QT full-scale and not many people are for QTs or have a full understanding of its benefits. In fact, I know one or two who have the mentality that fishes going straight into main tank has a higher survival rate.... :huh:

Anyway, I got myself another fine female watanabei today.... now swimming happily with the male... ;)

• SRC Member

lol.... thx...

haha... maybe i should put a sticker or a fence around also... haha.... so that those small children wun go knock the tank wall... everytime they knock fish hide for the whole say then only come out after 2-3 days

my scissor tail worst sometime hide for 1 week.... goby hide till die.. :cry:

• SRC Member
lol.... thx...

haha... maybe i should put a sticker or a fence around also... haha.... so that those small children wun go knock the tank wall... everytime they knock fish hide for the whole say then only come out after 2-3 days

Of all, I cant stand my contractor brother-in-law... I can't stand that contractor attitude or mentality of his...

He's not the one staying upstairs but come to my place often with my eldest sis to visit my mum....

My house newly renovated last year by my father-in-law's company who is also into renovation businesses (but mostly commercial or shopping centres).

This brother-in-law of mine have to come on house-warming day and rip everything apart... Even when I chide him and say PLEASE DUN DO IT... he has to go around the house, pull out kitchen drawer, dismantle this and that... and tell me this one no good... this one workmanship no good....

Now I have problem with one of my room's in-built wardrobe sliding door... It's derailed..... because the last time, he slide open and close again and again forcefully and pry the whole door out.... just to show me the door is of poorer and thinner quality.... I ALREADY TOLD HIM YES I KNOW THE WARDROBE'S DOOR IS OF A THINNER QUALITY AND TO STOP WHAT HE IS DOING....

With one mighty force, he pry out the sliding door in his hand, gave me cocky contractor look and say.... SEE, I TOLD YOU IT IS LOUSY THINNER QUALITY.... Damn... then when he put it back, it chip off some sides of the door and now it IS DERAILED... everytime I slide, the door derail and come out!!!! F()*#)(()#@*$)(#)(

Hi Seamonkee sorry to read about your lost!

Anyway, if you need some of my frozen food to pump up your fish, feel free to let me know.

As for that shop - the boss always like that wan. In fact, many consider him as the most experienced marine fish guru in the LFS trade. But just that he is very sarcastic at times.

He is quite ok with me but his son...... :shock: at least 5 times more cocky than him. :lol:

Anyway, knowing that shop, I believe they have changed to be more friendly as compared to a few years back. :D

Good luck to your pair, hope to see them swimming happily in your main tank soon. :D

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member
Hi Seamonkee sorry to read about your lost!

Anyway, if you need some of my frozen food to pump up your fish, feel free to let me know.

As for that shop - the boss always like that wan. In fact, many consider him as the most experienced marine fish guru in the LFS trade. But just that he is very sarcastic at times.

He is quite ok with me but his son...... :shock: at least 5 times more cocky than him. :lol:

Anyway, knowing that shop, I believe they have changed to be more friendly as compared to a few years back. :D

Good luck to your pair, hope to see them swimming happily in your main tank soon. :D

His SON?? OMG, it will stick to u when u go into their shop.

Since the last fish the ABT i got from them i never step in liao..

no freedom to view the fish haizz

GIve up liao!!!!!!!!!!!

• SRC Member
lol.... thx...

during Chinese New Year went the kids of relatives comes for the Hong Bao, one of them slap on the tank glass to check whether the PBT response to it :( ..... and the ich starts all over again.

• SRC Member

Bro seamonkee,

henry's food is Good! Fish grows fat, colors brighten up. I am suspecting the cyclopeeze he added also dissolved and consumed by the corals. You should see how crazy they are during feeding time.

Bro Gouldian,

should there be a chance, a sample of your home-made food to try out would be appreciated.

• SRC Member
Bro seamonkee,

henry's food is Good! Fish grows fat, colors brighten up. I am suspecting the cyclopeeze he added also dissolved and consumed by the corals. You should see how crazy they are during feeding time.

Bro Gouldian,

should there be a chance, a sample of your home-made food to try out would be appreciated.

Yap.. totally agree ... :D my YT from him now feed like a greedy pig :D colour is so bright now :D feeding on henry food too :)

• SRC Member

Thanks... yup... the son is a bit parasitic at times... :lol::D Keep bugging you to buy this and that (sometimes knowing jolly well some stuff dont match).... :lol: But he knows he cannot "disturb" me.... :evil:

Once I told them off because I was asking for the price of one fish with the son... the son asked the father and the father was shouting loudly... "These people who ask for the price ask them to go I*****a to buy cheap fish lah.... what for come here!!!" :angry::angry:

I was pissed cause I have been buying from them regularly since day one of my hobby spending lots of $$$$$.... Best of all, they know me personally and have never bugged me..... Since that day I confronted them, they were much "kinder" .... even thought the father told me the remarks was meant for another customer, I was never convinced....

Personally, I still go to the father's brother.... he's probably the only genuine guy there...

Also noticed that they are much nicer to customers these days... Probably because of Lim Han Tack's store opening next door.... :lol::D

Anyway, as for Henry's food... I must give it a try... heard so much good review about it.... :lol:

Bro seamonkee,

Bro Gouldian,

Bro Hotlemond,

You are most welcome to try. PM me if you need some sample. ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of:

Thanks... yup... the son is a bit parasitic at times... :lol::D Keep bugging you to buy this and that (sometimes knowing jolly well some stuff dont match).... :lol: But he knows he cannot "disturb" me.... :evil:

Once I told them off because I was asking for the price of one fish with the son... the son asked the father and the father was shouting loudly... "These people who ask for the price ask them to go I*****a to buy cheap fish lah.... what for come here!!!" :angry::angry:

I was pissed cause I have been buying from them regularly since day one of my hobby spending lots of $$$$$.... Best of all, they know me personally and have never bugged me..... Since that day I confronted them, they were much "kinder" .... even thought the father told me the remarks was meant for another customer, I was never convinced....

Personally, I still go to the father's brother.... he's probably the only genuine guy there...

Also noticed that they are much nicer to customers these days... Probably because of Lim Han Tack's store opening next door.... :lol::D

Anyway, as for Henry's food... I must give it a try... heard so much good review about it.... :lol:

What I dun like about his son is that he goes about the shop shadowing you, show his nostrils and at the same time asked, "Can I hep chew? Can I hep chew?".

Once I was there with another two of my friends and one of them imitated him and guess what???? He found out! From then on he left us alone. liao.

Honestly, I will still patronize them as I know they are now more aware of the importance of service. :peace:

Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of:

• SRC Member

Hahaaa :lol::D

Totally agreed.... these days if you are stuck up... people will go away even if you have the best stuff....

It's high time they learn competition is just a door away.... in their case, it's literally a door away.... :rolleyes::D:lol:

• SRC Member

Hi Seamonkee,

All the best with your quarintine of the watanabeis...beautiful fish! :D Sad to hear about the demise of your original female watanabei though. :(

Bet you must be counting down the days til you release them into your main tank huh?! ;) Have patience and you'll reap the rewards! :)

Cheers! :D

48x30x27' Tank. Beckett Skimmer. Deltec PF600s. RM FR Pro. DE 250Wx2. DE T5 39Wx4. Tunze 7095+6000x2. Sequence DART pumps x2 (1 return+1chiller)

LOLZZ " Can i help chew"

will try to disturb him next time when i go therem hahahahaha

Remember, you have to keep your nostrills high up and say, "can I hep chew, can I hep chew?" :lol:

Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of:

• SRC Member

Update on the Watanabeis...

Initially, female had a little bit of fin rot on the top fin when first bought (no choice... she was the best of the worst remaining females left). Now, it is completely gone.

Got along well with male watanabei.... :)

Colour vibrancy... ok....

Feeding... currently feeding on mysis soaked in garlic..

Becoming like subject number 1 (a.k.a sailfin tang). Respond to my hand whenever my hand comes near the tank....

Fishes acclimitised to my fingers whenever I feed... Can feed from my fingers like luohan...

That's the reward of quarantining your fishes... in a small tank and single devotion given, your fish can respond to you better... :lol:

I hope to see this behaviour continuing when they are transferred to the main tank on June 12....

bro seamonkee, i am glad ur fishes are doing well. On my side, the fishes also recover from itch already. Although i didnt quarantine the fishes, but i fed them daily with mysis/brine shimps soak in garlic. This prob contributed to their recovery. :)

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member

Nothing like tender loving care huh? ;) Suppose fishes are like all other pets...just a little bit of TLC goes a long way. Like my greedy pigs know when I'm back and always meet me at the front glass panel. :P

48x30x27' Tank. Beckett Skimmer. Deltec PF600s. RM FR Pro. DE 250Wx2. DE T5 39Wx4. Tunze 7095+6000x2. Sequence DART pumps x2 (1 return+1chiller)