Blue Tang scratch body again rock

erm. . my powder brown did that b4 it develop itch. good luck.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

Dose ur fish food with garlic, though might be a lil too late but better than nothing. if u can take out ur blue tang quarantine one side. :lol:

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member
Can I soak my LS food in Garlic and feed them even though they do not have ich?

Of course! :lol:

It is too late to feed garlic when your fishes are already covered in ich. Garlic is more of a preventive measure than cure.

We take them regularly as a supplument ourselves to boost our immunity and prevent flu and other nasty viruses. So it applies to fishes as well.... ;)

• SRC Member

Of course! :lol:

It is too late to feed garlic when your fishes are already covered in ich. Garlic is more of a preventive measure than cure.

We take them regularly as a supplument ourselves to boost our immunity and prevent flu and other nasty viruses. So it applies to fishes as well.... ;)

2nd that! Good supplement for the fish. Definitely agree that it's not a cure...more of a preventive measure. :)

However, one lfs owner tried to 'haigong' me by saying that garlic can 'cure' ich..."Ich always in fish lah...like my shop when switch off the lights can see the ich...but if you want to cure, buy Kent Marine C and Kent Marine Garlic...sure cure one!" :D

48x30x27' Tank. Beckett Skimmer. Deltec PF600s. RM FR Pro. DE 250Wx2. DE T5 39Wx4. Tunze 7095+6000x2. Sequence DART pumps x2 (1 return+1chiller)

• 2 weeks later...

My blue tang did that before. It is a sure sign of itch.

My tang survived without medication so I think that it is due to a combination of factors.

1. I feed my tang Ocean Nutrition pellets. The Formula 2 ones, with garlic. It builds up resistance. I don't think it is too late to try this.

2. I have cleaner shrimps in my tank. They do help the tang to pick off the white spots.

3. At this stage, keep your water parameters stable. Change usually stress fish and lower their immunity levels.

If you want to try medication, do it in a quarantine tank. This way you don't contaminate your show tank with the medicine.

Blue tangs don't have a good record for surviving itch. But I have had my blue tang for almost 2 years now, so I don't think its the end of the road for your tang.

Good luck.

My blue tang did that before. It is a sure sign of itch.

My tang survived without medication so I think that it is due to a combination of factors.

1. I feed my tang Ocean Nutrition pellets. The Formula 2 ones, with garlic. It builds up resistance. I don't think it is too late to try this.

2. I have cleaner shrimps in my tank. They do help the tang to pick off the white spots.

3. At this stage, keep your water parameters stable. Change usually stress fish and lower their immunity levels.

If you want to try medication, do it in a quarantine tank. This way you don't contaminate your show tank with the medicine.

Blue tangs don't have a good record for surviving itch. But I have had my blue tang for almost 2 years now, so I don't think its the end of the road for your tang.

Good luck.

thanks bro. hope everything is fine