Arsenal 0-0 Man utd

AquaRa

• SRC Member

Arsenal was really really poor throughout the game except penalty shootout

Roy Carroll doesn't had to make a save from the gunners until 80+ minutes thats tell u how inefficient Arsenal was...maybe DB10 should retire liao :P

But I'm happy Arsenal managed to wrestle the FA cup from the devils :evil::P:lol:

post-11-1116725666.jpg

ah?? To win the cup depends on the match itself, where got whole season play good.

Arsenal did not play good for the whole season, let themselves down after losing to Man Utd.

Man Utd did not play well themselves.

On paper Arsenal seem better, surprised that Man Utd take up the game, and play one of the best game this season.

The woodwork n good goal keeping save Arsenal season.

Arsenal looks weak in their center defence, and w/o Henry, the rest cannot do much. Reyes can dribble but end product is still lacking.

Man Utd looks good in this game, IMO is due much to Rooney. He has been falling back to win the ball and lurking in the deep to gather loose ball, wham them at goal.

Ruud if you notice has also been falling deep back to own half, contain the ball when he has it, wait for team mates to move up before joininig the attack.

Man U needed a good right side and replacement of the aging midfield.

Defence is totally crap except for Rio. Ronaldo can dribble, but the cross - always fly anywhere but where he intended.

you look at ball, your cross is better.

I played soccer mah..

you dun look, more jiat liat.

Good player will look at team mates, then look at ball, strike the ball where u want to.

Veri good player will look at team mate, then strike the ball.

Veri veri talented player will just strike the ball w/o lifting his head or anything.., scratch his balls, maybe wave at the crowd while at it.

He should practise crossing the ball while on the run, then after that left wing for Man Utd super potent liao.

• SRC Member

i guess ronaldo is nt like normal wingers who just run to the byeline and crosses the ball in... he needs to do ten stepovers first before crossing... the reason why nistelrooy scored a lot of goals from beckham's crosses back then was because all beckham did was get to the flanks and crosses to an area where he knows nistelrooy gonna be at... with ronaldo he loves to take on defenders first.. i wonder how he would perform if he is played in the 'hole'... i think he's more effective there...

arsenal din deserve to win last nite.. lehmann was in top top form..

As an Arsenal fan, there are times we played very well and lost, but today, we were not as good as Man U, but who cares? we got the cup!

This is football, not the better team wins everytime, if not, I can we can claim more trophies!!

:P

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member
As an Arsenal fan, there are times we played very well and lost, but today, we were not as good as Man U, but who cares? we got the cup!

This is football, not the better team wins everytime, if not, I can we can claim more trophies!!

:P

agreed! :D

i guess ronaldo is nt like normal wingers who just run to the byeline and crosses the ball in... he needs to do ten stepovers first before crossing... the reason why nistelrooy scored a lot of goals from beckham's crosses back then was because all beckham did was get to the flanks and crosses to an area where he knows nistelrooy gonna be at... with ronaldo he loves to take on defenders first.. i wonder how he would perform if he is played in the 'hole'... i think he's more effective there...

arsenal din deserve to win last nite.. lehmann was in top top form..

Beckham is one of the right foot crosser of the ball.

He can just thump one from the center of the field into the box when he see someone doing the running.

Ronaldo does not has such ability yet. With more practise he may..

If you notice, good players n talent like Zidane, Maradona - they just either look one way before crossing. (look at Maradona flick onto to his team-mate for the 3-2 winning goal in 1986 World Cup)

ie - running towards goal, sixth sense knew someone at the box - just thump one accurate cross in.

• SRC Member

Beckham is one of the right foot crosser of the ball.

He can just thump one from the center of the field into the box when he see someone doing the running.

Ronaldo does not has such ability yet. With more practise he may..

If you notice, good players n talent like Zidane, Maradona - they just either look one way before crossing. (look at Maradona flick onto to his team-mate for the 3-2 winning goal in 1986 World Cup)

ie - running towards goal, sixth sense knew someone at the box - just thump one accurate cross in.

agreed... but i feel dat chemistry between players dat makes those passes possible i.e the crosser basically knew where to attacker gonna be.. for example macca and fowler, gerrard and owen(sorry a bit liverpool biased :lol: ), beckham and rvn, gullit and van basten etc.. almost telepathic..

no doubt thers those occasional geniuses like maradona, zidane and even bergkamp(imo one of the best passer of the game).. but these breeds are very few and far between...

i dont think crossing is ronaldo's ######.. dats y it would be interesting to see him play in the 'hole'.. he can dribble and has a good shot... but he have to displace a certain mr rooney to play in the hole..

Man Utd dominate in the 90s due to their flank play.

You notice that their left with Giggs, right with Beckham.

You can also see Gary Neville running up to supply crosses at time.

Now do you see that any more?

Becks is dangerous that he can cross from anywhere, Ronald has to run to the byline, check then cross, n worst, even that his cross is not accurate. Good & Seasoned defenders like those from AC Milan won't fall for his many cheap steps over.

• SRC Member
Man Utd dominate in the 90s due to their flank play.

You notice that their left with Giggs, right with Beckham.

You can also see Gary Neville running up to supply crosses at time.

Now do you see that any more?

Becks is dangerous that he can cross from anywhere, Ronald has to run to the byline, check then cross, n worst, even that his cross is not accurate. Good & Seasoned defenders like those from AC Milan won't fall for his many cheap steps over.

nt forgetting cpt keano,stam and schmeichel ;)