Considering this RO unit

flubberina13

• SRC Member

Hey...guys...

Any takers on this? May get a set and was thinking of roping more in so as to defray the shipping cost. Delivery will be set in August if you dun mind. And I will also ask if discounts can be given.

All things are tentative though as I am still recceing on other stuff.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=4382951245

Any idea on the cost of shipping?

A bit reluctant to use RO cos of the rejection.

Anyone has done a comparision of using RO/DI and DI only on a per unit litre basis? This should take into account the waste generated. Don't know how to store and use the waste water.

Or maybe we could get only DI and mass order DI resin to save cost.

• SRC Member

Just a thought, if this kit is not available in Singapore... then there is a possibility that the media will not be easily available locally.. Have to order from oversea and also all the delivery charges.. <_<

• SRC Member

I thought the link spelt out the delivery charge? :huh:

Anyway, it will be sent to my sister's address or mine in USA. Then I will bring them to S'pore when I am due back.

and the seller said that the filter can last 2 yrs or so. Can someone advise?

Thanks. :peace:

• SRC Member

two years really depends on the usage and the concentration of the sediments of the untreated water. If they come supply with a flush kit then may help to prolong the membrane.

The probable concern may be replacement cartridge. Perhaps a check with the reseller/manufacturer of the type will be useful. I am guessing there may be a few standard dimension/specs that manufacturers of these cartridge adhere to, instead of being solely proprietary in dimension/specs for each individual brands.

• 2 weeks later...
Any idea on the cost of shipping?

A bit reluctant to use RO cos of the rejection.

Anyone has done a comparision of using RO/DI and DI only on a per unit litre basis? This should take into account the waste generated. Don't know how to store and use the waste water.

Or maybe we could get only DI and mass order DI resin to save cost.

Hi guys,

Normal i advice my customer to use the reject water to wash clothes, water plants or wash toilet... :D

My system for RO produce 200 litres per day.

for more pic and details .

Refer to site:

http://www.freewebs.com/purejunction/

• SRC Member

Me too, wanted di resin.

Maybe we can start a thread on DI resin (colour type) bulk order. They wont deliver it unless it is a big order.

:o

Hello,

Can u provide the link for the resins. Order from US? I have a few friend who might be interested in bulk order. Thanks.

• SRC Member

Me too, wanted di resin.

Maybe we can start a thread on DI resin (colour type) bulk order. They wont deliver it unless it is a big order.

:o

Got lobang for DI resin that's redish brown in colour.........is that the type you guys are using?

Eric

• SRC Member
Yup, i think can order from ebay store. Then email them privately, maybe risky. Any1 got any more lobang? But they only accept buck orders.

Pm me if you guys need the DI resin. But mine is the reddish brown type.

Eric