Puerto Galera dive trip

reefer guy

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

pretty rich marine life.. urgh.. need to go diving again... :(

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

daimy, it was great fun alright :) the package was cheaper than diving tioman, although air tics is excluded...

hammerhd, didnt open it up.. what critters actually dwell in it? featherstars really are everywhere, making the reef much colourful...

AT, not sure how to manipulate my dc yet, just got it recently and i know nuts! :P

kel, wanna try it out? im arranging another trip if not end of this year first quarter next month....

yazid, yup, its in the philippines.... when r u diving again? ;)

• SRC Member
kel, wanna try it out? im arranging another trip if not end of this year first quarter next month....

jon,

if go there? stay with u?? hahahaha.. how many days and how much?? wonder how much are the tiks

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

best way to get there is via budget airlines (i took jetstar asia) and from airport straight to the island, about 2.5-3hrs by coach then another hour by local boat. ive got a friend and she's arranging her friends for the trip as well....

• SRC Member
This time bring camera nvr see superman monti ah?

btw...nice pics..... B)

superman monti in malaysian waters bro.... puerto galera not much sps to boast but lots of softies, esp. xenias.... also it is congested w thousands of lyre tail anthias....

will bring my cam when i go dayang next time ;)

• SRC Member
best way to get there is via budget airlines (i took jetstar asia) and from airport straight to the island, about 2.5-3hrs by coach then another hour by local boat. ive got a friend and she's arranging her friends for the trip as well....

what about weight ? Budget airline very strict on weight. Tho' Jetstar asia give 20Kg compare to other budget which give 15Kg. Its still not enuff for gear intensive divers like us... and excess is very expensive.

• SRC Member

with my cam housing and 2 sets of gear... i already exceeded 40kg for me and my fiancee... :(

• SRC Member

eh.. those looks familiar :P what about this ? similar fish too .. :P

Btw, RG never underestimate the weight of your gears... it can get more than 20kg as time goes by, not now perhaps.. it will in 2 months time :lol:

post-12-1118191347.jpg

• SRC Member

i never got into those details of looking in feather stars <_<:(

i should have known better.... anyway, if thats the case, instead of paying for excess baggage, might as well get a standard flight..... not sure if u guys are interested but i would love to dive there again.... it would be cheaper if more.

• SRC Member
Hi RG,

Nice photo.

On the whole, how much did you pay for your trip? > $2000?

What type of resort did you stay in?

$2000??? :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

that would take me alot of sites than Puerto Galera

Philippine diving is not that expensive; I paid US$149 for 4d/3n accomodation, 6 dives inclusive of gears. The accomodation is a simple chalet; pool front, balcony, aircon and hot shower most important.

But i guess what keeps the expense up is air tickets.