My lionfish

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Rainbow sells lionfishes at $35??!!!!! :blink:

$35 for lionfish??? i think i rather get a statue of the jade merlion. siow... at that price, their lionfish have better come with a harem or pride of lions...

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

was in rainbow yesterday.. saw the condition of their tanks.. pathetic.. they are teaching the wrong stuff.. giving ppl the impression that marine is very difficult to keep.. sigh.. to think i overheard this.. "once u mixed the salt, and water is clear.. u can put in the livestock.. and fishes.. very simple.. " ;)

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

paisay.. i type slower than what my brain can process.. hahaha.. what i mean is that ppl might get the impression that marine is difficult to keep coz from the "advice" given by u know who... chances are, they gonna fail and might tell their friends that marine aquarium is difficult to keep, which, IMO, is not, if u do the process correctly and be patient abt it..

another example, when i was touring tasmania, i chanced upon a LFS selling SH.. guess what they put,

" seahorses needs x amt of water, UGF!!!, salt mix, hydrometer and a cyclindrical tank".. everything was fine except UGF.. goodness, still so ancient in their filtration methods.. but i can understand why.. a SH cost A$25 there for a small one.. while those adult ones cost A$150!!!...

it is no wonder why marine aquarium is not gaining acceptance by the public as fast as FW..

firstly, they think that it is expensive (it is cheaper than FW fishes in fact.. if u were to compare a FW sting ray with blue spotted ray!!)

secondly, the initial cost of setting up one scares them off..

thirdly, getting the wrong advice or no help at all.. and have to go thru the pain of trial and error, which many of us have gone thru but persever and share our experience here.

• 2 weeks later...