Anyone use Caltex Petrol

SpiderOne

• SRC Member

thinking of milling my head somemore but comp maybe too high . I will need something at least 100 octane or starts pinging , anyone use vortex platinum know how many octane it is ? i cant find it anywhere

• SRC Member

98 can . but i feel its on the borderline i want to play safe . also not interested in using permanent octane boosters . driving a old civic but skimmed the head and using domed pistons to boost compression ( im strictly NA :) ) . Thinking of bumping it up some more . Over in US they have like 92 maximum octane pump gas . Wonder how they do it

• SRC Member

but i tot in sg the max octane is 98. any higher u have to add octane boosters yourself.

heard in OZ where the max is 95, e DC5Rs do the above to get higher octane fuel.

i am no expert but i guess the skimming is not an issue. Pistons...hmmm... i have no idea. but i think wah rao if the ang mohs can survive so can we! we have kilat octane petrol...like u said, 92 is the norm overseas...over here we have higher octane but not necessarily more useful save for the R spec cars...heh... :)

btw u drivin an EG or EF?

Get Paid To Read Emails. Free To Join Now!

http://www.emailcashpro.com/?r=okdk11

• SRC Member

EG. thats what i was wondering also . they can do it with 92 why my workshop keep telling me cant . i heard from somewhere vortex platinum is 103 today anyone can verify ?

i found bulk lot of octane booster 10 bottle for $30 on ebay Singapore . will reserve that as last choice hehe