Adopt a reef

acidjazz

For those who wishes to conserve the reef, can pay as little as $360 to adopt a reef and save the corals.

Straits Times Page II,

28/06/05

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member

bro it's page 3. :P

for those interested can call Mr Howard Shaw, Executive Director of the SIngapore Environment Council at 6337-6062 or 96360400.

it's basically about producing a small hollow dome-shaped fibreglass structure coated with limestone and anchored to the sea in 5m deep waters.

Be teachable always, nobody has a monopoly on wisdom. But learn to distinguish "fact" from "opinion".

• SRC Member

errr i think the point is to let the corals grow there, not to have a convenient way to take more out of the ocean!! :pinch:

Be teachable always, nobody has a monopoly on wisdom. But learn to distinguish "fact" from "opinion".

I will most likely adopt a reef home

And I also strongly encourage SRC reefers to adopt one

Or if SRC is willing to hold a donation drive to adopt 3-4 reef homes, I will also support that. Lets look into reef conservation together as a club!!! :lol:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member
Or if SRC is willing to hold a donation drive to adopt 3-4 reef homes, I will also support that. Lets look into reef conservation together as a club!!! :lol:

Blueheaven certainly DOES have a point.

This is something we could all look into as a club. Maybe I'm wrong but I do know of some people ,especially divers (I dive myself), who feel that reefers are destroying the coral reefs by buying corals which are sometimes illegally harvested. :(

Maybe adopting a reef home as a club could show that we also care about reef conservation and give the public a positive view of us. :)

Just my 2cents.

48x30x27' Tank. Beckett Skimmer. Deltec PF600s. RM FR Pro. DE 250Wx2. DE T5 39Wx4. Tunze 7095+6000x2. Sequence DART pumps x2 (1 return+1chiller)

• SRC Member

We adopt one , let grow in the ocean while we are buying 20 from shop, I think we better think out of the box.

like stop buying , stop diving ( may be do more less ), enviroment friendly ( like don't take plastic bag from the shop, I always do that ) will keep life GOING........

Otherwise, we ( reefer ) will become lauging story for others...

"See they buy 20s of them and adopt 1 to ocean, what is the point "........

Happy reefing ..

PS.. I didn't buy more SPS since a few months back, so some of the supplier taken out my mobile # from their customer list :)

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

Otherwise, we ( reefer ) will become lauging story for others...

"See they buy 20s of them and adopt 1 to ocean, what is the point "........

wow! a slap in the face... :D

maybe the next drive is to adopt a shark? because reefers themselves eat shark fin! :whistle