Fire Fish and Purple FireFish

• SRC Member

No prob bro....used to hav a pair of each in my reef tank. ;)

They get along pretty well though the purple pair are more shy.

post-34-1094181419.jpg

There are 2 types of person, those that chose learn n do it rite the first time and those tat chose to learn it the hard way.

• SRC Member

agreed purple pair more shy... if you have aggressive fishes in your tank your firefishes might end up starving to death cos they always hide and refuse to come out to eat..

another high fatality reason for firefishes is their jumping skills... even with 3 sides of my tank covered they still jumped out...

:lol: Thank you for your kind comment, I have another one query, it seem like you introduced them to the tank simultaneously. In my case I have had one Fire Fish(normal) for a few months and now I 'd like to put one more Purple Fish. What do you think ? :ph34r:

Dun worry the purple firefish is more aggressive compared to the normal firefish. I had a purple fishfish half the size of the normal one. The red firegoby was in the tank before the purple one came along. The older resident got along fine with it for few months..then one day the newcomer decided to take a chunk out of the firegoby's tail. Thank goodness it was not a helfrich goby that got bitten..if not I would have cried.. :rolleyes: Then again it might just be an isolated incident.. :nc:

post-54-1119961889.jpg

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

Any idea on how to prevent them from jumping out..Besides adding a cover to the tank. :unsure:

I agree with Mr.djviper then keep water quality good and say a prayer more often. :P

I have done these all before.By the way what do you think abt my story ? a Fire fish in my tank in the present is the forth one ,cause the previous 3 became dried fish on the floor <_<

Finally ,I now have a cover to my tank.

• SRC Member

I have similar experiences as FuEl.

Even though my 2 firefishes share the same pothole (hole below a rock in my case) with my 2 flamegobies, the "Flames" are more aggressive than the "Fires". "Fires" Tail was nipped off by the Flames.

If you already have "fires" or "flames", better don't add some more, will have more "sparks" and "spats"...

My 2 Flame Gobies already sparing with each other, but no harm done, just raising of fins...

Just my 2 cents worth.

• SRC Member

Covering the tank is actually not a really good idea if u only wanna prevent ur fish from jumping out... Lightings will cause a rise in temperature and there is little space for the hot air to escape, that will cause a rise in ur tank temperature. Try installing ventilation if u cover ur tank, PC fan to ventilate. etc etc

Covering the tank is actually not a really good idea if u only wanna prevent ur fish from jumping out... Lightings will cause a rise in temperature and there is little space for the hot air to escape, that will cause a rise in ur tank temperature. Try installing ventilation if u cover ur tank, PC fan to ventilate. etc etc

:) let's try a piece of plastic net lah...

• 3 weeks later...