My 2ft by 1.5ft by 1.5ft marine setup

Flame-Tail

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

My Sump . At the moment no skimmate from skimmer cause no L/S . Just added in the skimmer yesterday. hoses on the Left on standby for my Chiller when I shift it in from outside. Now supporting the Fibreglass tub with all my L/S and corals.

post-4717-1212380231.jpg

• SRC Member
Bro, why not start a new 3 ft tank thread ?

By the way, tats some red musgy, orange rhoductics and hairy mushies u got in the pics :whistle

Thought of starting a new thread... But if keep it like this I can remember my old tank and how it has evolved into this one. As for the corals , thanks for pointing out the names. All to me look the same. I only know red mushroom and yumas. Ha ha. As long as looks good in tank can already. :upsidedown:

Hope all of them make the transition from fibre tank to 3ft tank without any casualties. Fingers crossed.

• SRC Member

Here'a a update. Tank has been cycling for 2 weeks with lots of live rocks. Only corals present were star polyps (Quite a lot) and a couple of zoas. All of which have opened nicely with maximum polyp extension for star polyps. Bacteria was introduced when Live Rocks were scaped.

Tested water parametres last nite on Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, Ph, Phosphate and alkalinity and everything was in check.

Hope to bring my chiller over in the next couple of days.

Think it's also due to the fact that all my water is made up of NSW and all rocks in the tank are cured rocks and partial live sand as well. Tonight planning to transfer mushies over and will transfer LPS over slowly when chiller is hooked up. Fish will be the last to be introduced.

Any other suggestions welcome :thanks::peace:

• 2 months later...
  • SRC Member
full frontal view.

Quite impressive...looks rather tidy.

I'm not too sure about using iron rod stand for marine as it will rust. Eventually i changed my mind and bought a cabinet for my 2ft tank.

Does not cost much...around $70-$80 and it is quite tough and heavy.

I added an ozoniser in additions to the filter and protein skimmer.

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member
Quite impressive...looks rather tidy.

I'm not too sure about using iron rod stand for marine as it will rust. Eventually i changed my mind and bought a cabinet for my 2ft tank.

Does not cost much...around $70-$80 and it is quite tough and heavy.

I added an ozoniser in additions to the filter and protein skimmer.

Bro this is an old thread. Have upgraded to a 3 footer. Check out my new thread for more pics.