daimy068's 4x2.5x2.25'

daimy068

• SRC Member
Bro,

Finally yrs is up...so nicely plan man..... :bow::bow::bow:

Thanks Haanzii! How's your tank coming along? :)

48x30x27' Tank. Beckett Skimmer. Deltec PF600s. RM FR Pro. DE 250Wx2. DE T5 39Wx4. Tunze 7095+6000x2. Sequence DART pumps x2 (1 return+1chiller)

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Wow nicely plan ;)

Thanks DA! But the pics crappy coz skills+DC no good.

Say, how's the 350D coming along? ;)

48x30x27' Tank. Beckett Skimmer. Deltec PF600s. RM FR Pro. DE 250Wx2. DE T5 39Wx4. Tunze 7095+6000x2. Sequence DART pumps x2 (1 return+1chiller)

• SRC Member

Thanks Haanzii! How's your tank coming along? :)

waiting for the chiller, nnow still cycling, diy lighting no time to do oso bracket had some problem so still cracking my head :blink:

not like u, so well planned & well organised, me dare not show mine liao boy... think i better stay low profile... :P:D:lol:

• SRC Member

this is wat ou rui lung house look like :D:D

:lol: More like 'this is what pok-kai lang's house looks like after renos!' :lol:

We were lucky my renovator's an old RSAF buddy of mine. Pricing quite good. Just in case you wondering, RSAF career was technician not pilot hor! :P

• SRC Member
nice tank bro...

its good to see such a detailed follow up.

loved your tank design...

im really impressed :)

keep the pics coming, so other experienced reeefers can give u good advices :)

Thanks Yiling!

BTW, still sorry for the tub issue. Paiseh! :paiseh:

Next will be the piping and running of the skimmer and FR.

Then will start cycling process. ;)

• SRC Member
nice tank.....but i love your house design..lol :lol::lol:

:lol::lol: Thanks Decentkid. Maybe should start a thread of my flat design! :lol::lol:

• SRC Member

Hi daimy068

Impressive setup.... me getting my house late next year... also planning a use a 4 ft fish tank act as a centrepiece bet the door and my living room... It is design like yours that always inspire me!!!! Wanna know more on where you place your chiller:

>> Chiller will be located at the aircon ledge just outside the study window

Sorry to ask...will it pose a problem if you wanna service your chiller??? Do you have a photo to share?? =)

Awaiting your masterpiece to be ready!!!

• SRC Member
Hi daimy068

Impressive setup.... me getting my house late next year... also planning a use a 4 ft fish tank act as a centrepiece bet the door and my living room... It is design like yours that always inspire me!!!! Wanna know more on where you place your chiller:

>> Chiller will be located at the aircon ledge just outside the study window

Sorry to ask...will it pose a problem if you wanna service your chiller??? Do you have a photo to share?? =)

Awaiting your masterpiece to be ready!!!

Hi icecold,

Thanks for your kind words! :)

Contact me if you have any questions regarding your renos and stuff.

Already thought of the issue of chiller servicing. The aircon compressors are at the further end of the aircon ledge so servicing the chiller, which would be mounted just outside the window, would just be a matter of climbing out the window onto the ledge. I live on the 2nd floor so not scary at all. There's still a fair bit of space for me to stand and even to move over to the aircon compressors should I need to.

Will post a pic soon to indicate.

Cheers! ;)

• SRC Member

Wow bro, your tank and house both veru nicely designed. Very very nice. I can see you put in a lot of effort in your planning for your new home. You must have a very supportive wife too! Lucky you! :o

Very inspiring. :D:bow:

• SRC Member
Wow bro, your tank and house both veru nicely designed. Very very nice. I can see you put in a lot of effort in your planning for your new home. You must have a very supportive wife too! Lucky you! :o

Very inspiring. :D:bow:

Tanks kokhui!

Yes, wife's very supportive and I'm very blessed. She's a diver too and loves the ocean. Took a bit of time to convince her about responsible reefing though and at the end she agreed. Just as long as I budget my money appropriately and keep the tank nice and clean.:lol:

In fact, she was the one who said a divider tank would look nice in the house! B)

• SRC Member
Wah... coming along very very well... and very nice!!! :bow::bow::bow:

Need some tips from you regarding the rollers for the lights... coz I'm planning my tank too! :P

Thanks RAV-65. Give me a buzz when you need to work on the lighting rack. ;)

Cheers! :D

• SRC Member
nice tank..nice house.. cool equipment. great planning...

can't wait to see ur layout in u tank and live stock.. swee man :D

Thanks Lester! :)

Will have to wait though...now pok-kai already! :pinch:

Stocking and transfer from present 2' tank only in Dec coz that's when we'll officially move in. Will start cycling with LR, sand, skimmer and FR sometime soon though. ;)

Hope the tank will be matured by then. :P

• SRC Member
more pic more pic ;)

and 1 thing not only u have a supportive wife.. ur very rich too ;)

Hi djviper! :)

YES! Very blessed to have supportive wife. :lol:

Not rich though....how to be rich on teacher's pay? Just save and plan and save and plan and save and plan......but now, bank account wiped out after renos. Now gotta plan and save and plan and save for our wedding in Dec. See liao! :cry2:

• SRC Member

Hi djviper! :)

YES! Very blessed to have supportive wife. :lol:

Not rich though....how to be rich on teacher's pay? Just save and plan and save and plan and save and plan......but now, bank account wiped out after renos. Now gotta plan and save and plan and save for our wedding in Dec. See liao! :cry2:

Very nicely setup..................keep it up bro!!! :bow:

Inspect your pvc piping regularly, I feel its a bit flimsy judging from the pic........

Eric

• SRC Member

No leaks so far. The pipes are actually held onto the false wall with brackets so as to minimise vibrations due to flow. Might add more brackets to ensure that they're more stable. ;)

Thanks Eric and djviper! :thanks:

• SRC Member

im impressed bro...keep the pics coming.......my respect to you! a thread that must follow guys! a dream that most of us wanted!!! :lol::bow: