Project BLEACHED

Travy

• SRC Member

Hey guys, wanted to start a thread to get bros/sis to share their experience to help Bleached LPS recover. Would be good to share this particular piece of information.

ALSO... Just got a bleached prata from a friend and intending to nurse it back to health.... HEEE ;)

And also... do emphasize on TLC (tender LOving Care) if u put it down as a method ho.... :P

Thanks tons!

My Tank

Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy

• SRC Member
Hey guys, wanted to start a thread to get bros/sis to share their experience to help Bleached LPS recover. Would be good to share this particular piece of information.

ALSO... Just got a bleached prata from a friend and intending to nurse it back to health.... HEEE ;)

And also... do emphasize on TLC (tender LOving Care) if u put it down as a method ho.... :P

Thanks tons!

My method - Proper light acclimatising and Tropic Marine Pro Coral Iodine dosing.

I dont do additional feeding only MH lights and water nutrients. But I believe small amount of feeding once a week will help.

If the prata is bleach and not opening well after a week, try shifting it to a new location............learn this from my wife...............could be due to many reasons like PAR/FLOW/Harressment from other corals..............etc.

Eric

• SRC Member

ensure gd water parameters for bleached coral to recover... :lol:

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

• SRC Member

Ohh...

I just shfted mine to a low flow area too. Looks better now at least the 'mantle' is more puffy.

But its mouth is still open. Tried to feed but the pieces of shrimp kinda drop out of the mouth. It didnt show any reaction towards it. <_<

My Tank

• SRC Member
Ohh...

I just shfted mine to a low flow area too. Looks better now at least the 'mantle' is more puffy.

But its mouth is still open. Tried to feed but the pieces of shrimp kinda drop out of the mouth. It didnt show any reaction towards it. <_<

hey travy, i realized that high temp also causes coral bleached. so, beside water parameter and lighting, do watch out for temp. normal temp for any coral range from 26-28 deg celcius.

u wanna nurse my green prata back to it health :P

age.png

• SRC Member
Hi guy, juz wondering whether this prata of mine consider bleached? Been in my tank for abt 3 month liao, still the same colour as when i juz bought that time. :ph34r:

ya...bleached...bro...pic so huge...hehex...gd water parameters,lightings and temp play a impt part to ur husbandry... :D

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

• SRC Member

hey travy, i realized that high temp also causes coral bleached. so, beside water parameter and lighting, do watch out for temp. normal temp for any coral range from 26-28 deg celcius.

u wanna nurse my green prata back to it health :P

HAHAHA! CAN~!

You gimme ah? When? I go collect! :D:P

My Tank

• SRC Member

Bro, thanks for confirming. :idea: BTW, will bleached coral die off very soon or will live on like normal coral?

Wow... yurs can survive for 3mths somemore ah...

How come still havent get its color back? :nc:

Mine's still looking ok... but mouth still open big big though... hope it dont die...

Hopefully my other prata will infuence it to recover... HAHA! :ph34r:

My Tank

• SRC Member

HAHAHA! CAN~!

You gimme ah? When? I go collect! :D:P

the green turn white prata you saw in my holding tank :P

:paiseh: so paiseh to make u go all the way down and collect it from me. it is very far for you. anyway, i travel down to tempiness every sunday. i can meet u at tempiness mall in the afternoon, this sunday and pass it to you if you want it. i wanted to shut down my holding tank. need to save some electricity :P

u let me know kie :lol: u still got my hp no.? sms me for confirm time :)

age.png

• SRC Member

HAHA! Really ah? :P Hee can... also with the bubble i'm buying from u la.

Yur holding tank nice ma... ITs like a PODS PARADISE MAN! Everywhere leh... Next time if i need will go fish some out from yur holding tank. HAHA! :lol:

My Tank

• SRC Member
HAHA! Really ah? :P Hee can... also with the bubble i'm buying from u la.

Yur holding tank nice ma... ITs like a PODS PARADISE MAN! Everywhere leh... Next time if i need will go fish some out from yur holding tank. HAHA! :lol:

ya...the pods... my family see it & say scary cos it too many. can see them all running around when the light it off. the water too clean now :lol: skimmer can't skim anything out :P

now wait for the caroline algae to cover some of the rock b4 i transfer them over to my main tank B)

anyway, will pass u the prata this sunday. i guess with daily feeding, it will returns to its health ;) me too lazy to put my hand into the water liao :P

age.png

Wow... yurs can survive for 3mths somemore ah...

How come still havent get its color back?  :nc:

Mine's still looking ok... but mouth still open big big though... hope it dont die...

Hopefully my other prata will infuence it to recover... HAHA! :ph34r:

Ya bro, oso don't know y? Still look ok to me, according to the LFS owner, it was in his tank for 6mths b4 i bought it and it is a white prata, wondering whether there is really such ting as white prata. :erm: