NKF's administration brought to public scrutiny

koniyakutz

No offence, but i don't really get the idea behind a petition. To me, it sort of serve no purpose. There is no obligation for those receiving the petition to do anything about it.

The petition would have a effect in an intangible way, when the petition gets large enough, it is a way of sending the message to NKF that if they continue to condone the actions of their CEO and continue to have him on the board, there are x number of people who would no longer support NKF, not to mention another y number of people who wouldn't but yet no chance to sign the petition...

It's okay if you dun believe it has any effects, but there are 5000+ people I'm sure who does believe... No offense, but pls dun hamper our ways of showing our displeasure... :peace:

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Why does a CEO if a charity organisation need to fly? It must have been some frequent flyer miles to be able to upgrade from business to first class...

1. Fly to meet with other charitable organization around the world?

2. To get ahead of the current dialysis equipment?

3. How to operate the non-profitable organisation as into a profitable organisation?

I don't know, you be the judge. But I hope it's the first 2. Anyway, we are pissed abt this whole issue abt being c***ed to don**** what abt those overseas and local celebraties that came to help raise funds for a better course? Local celebraties whom train so hard to get the dare right, they would definitely be more pissed than anyone of us here.

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

• SRC Member

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/sin.../157710/1/.html

SINGAPORE: Lawyers for the National Kidney Foundation and the Singapore Press Holdings will meet at the High Court on Wednesday to discuss the issue of costs.

This comes a day after both the NKF and its CEO, TT Durai, decided to withdraw their case against SPH and its journalist Susan Long.

NKF was suing the SPH and its journalist for defamation.

This came after the Straits Times published an article on the 19th of April last year, highlighting some expensive fittings in the NKF's new

S$21m building at Kim Keat Road.

After two days of cross examination, CEO TT Durai agreed with SPH's Senior Counsel that the fittings were indeed expensive and extravagant for a public charity.

Also disclosed during the proceedings were Mr Durai's annual salary of $600,000, the several directorship positions he held in addition to his job as NKF CEO, and the business relationships he had with an NKF board member.

SPH's senior counsel Davinder Singh also told the court the NKF has enough reserves for the next 30 years.

In a statement on Tuesday night, NKF said its decision to withdraw was a considered one made in the best interests of the organisation, its supporters, donors and patients.

It reiterated its support for Mr Durai as CEO, adding it looked forward to carrying on all its life-saving activities and to continue serving the public to the best of its ability. - CNA/ir

• SRC Member

The petition would have a effect in an intangible way, when the petition gets large enough, it is a way of sending the message to NKF that if they continue to condone the actions of their CEO and continue to have him on the board, there are x number of people who would no longer support NKF, not to mention another y number of people who wouldn't but yet no chance to sign the petition...

It's okay if you dun believe it has any effects, but there are 5000+ people I'm sure who does believe... No offense, but pls dun hamper our ways of showing our displeasure... :peace:

Then you should really read the original article I posted.

It really expresses "displeasure". :)

http://rockson.blogspot.com/

I am quite fed up with them myself, but only to a certain extend because i never did donate to them or go to their health checks before. I am more of a Renci and Children Society person.

Quote:

It reiterated its support for Mr Durai as CEO, adding it looked forward to carrying on all its life-saving activities and to continue serving the public to the best of its ability.

Seems like we gonna have Durai for another 30 years! Well, dat's how long the reserves will last when there are no more donations!!!!! :upsidedown:

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member
Quote:

It reiterated its support for Mr Durai as CEO, adding it looked forward to carrying on all its life-saving activities and to continue serving the public to the best of its ability.

Seems like we gonna have Durai for another 30 years! Well, dat's how long the reserves will last when there are no more donations!!!!! :upsidedown:

That suxer for 30yrs? ha!

Then you should really read the original article I posted.

It really expresses "displeasure". :)

http://rockson.blogspot.com/

I am quite fed up with them myself, but only to a certain extend because i never did donate to them or go to their health checks before. I am more of a Renci and Children Society person.

Yeah, in the past 3 years, I only donated to Renci! :P

Anyway, I cant bring myself to pen like rockson, but I'm really mad!!! :angry::angry::angry:

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

the petition cant seem to go in already

:o

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

But those vandals shouldn't have done that.....Now NKF will need to use more public money to repaint the place. Our dearest may justify a new coat of German paint for his office....arh

I think (marine) therefore I am

But those vandals shouldn't have done that.....Now NKF will need to use more public money to repaint the place. Our dearest may justify a new coat of German paint for his office....arh

Nvm lah...

Anyway, they got 30 years of reserves!

I just managed to get into the site, currently about 5300+ signatures... :P

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

My only comments is...

If you want to get a private sector/market pay, you should get a normal job like everyone else.

Dont expect to get a private sector/market pay by doing charity work. IT IS CHARITY.

Yo bro,

Less anger lah! Cheong LFS bo???

Cannot help it leh... my sis is a kidney patient who struggles every month to make ends meet and this asshole squanders the money on taps?! Nabei!!

Anyway, no time to cheong LFS... not much SPS shipment lately also leh... :P

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member
" For a Person who runs a milliom-dollar charitable organisation,$600,000 is peanuts as it has a few hundreds millions in reserves."

This are being said by MRS GOH CHOK TONG.

I am TOTALLY DISAPPOINTED WITH MRS GOH..... with her statement 600k IS PEANUTS.....although it is quite true if compare to some MNC CEO pays.... but she should be careful with her words .... esp so when she should know more then anyone else about our ppl.... and how those low income ppl trying hard to get ends meet..... I wonder if she got the guts to tell those ppl struggling for a living earning less then a 1k..... face to face that 600,000 is PEANUTS..... WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT....

• SRC Member

In Taiwan news paper.

吳作棟夫人:杜萊的薪資只不過是花生米

For those whom reads Chinese

星電視慈善籌款過多 善款用途不公開遭質疑

http://tw.news.yahoo.com/050712/43/21zdk.html

NKF理事長撤銷控告星報業控股與撰稿記者

http://tw.news.yahoo.com/050712/43/222ch.html

Malaysia

From the Star

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.as...470988&sec=asia

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png