Removing A Red Coris Wrasse

dradttg

• SRC Member

Hi all,

I know I should have read more before buying a fish but I am less than 2 months one in the Marine world. Please forgive me.

I have got this Red Coris Wrasse that the store uncle say is reef safe and it is kicking sands into all my corals (sun, bubble, xenia, etc...etc). My button isnt opening anymore.

Is there anyway to chase or get rid of this bugger in my 2 feet tank? Cyanide is not an option.

• SRC Member

give him some time, cant u see he is finding excuse, he's looking for more info at the internet :P

:D

try catching him in the mid of the nite by suddenly switching on the lites... they will be stun by the briteness n can be easily caught by using even hand if they r not in hiding... at least it works for me when i catch my damsels

If you have lots of LRs and inverts, good luck to you.

Wrasses like to sleep in the same place, unless frightened and need to hide fast. Try to watch out for its hiding spot.

Then sift the sand to find it. Do it slowly. Sometimes, it will just stick out its head to check out what is happening. Have your net ready to catch it.

Another way is to chase the wrasse around when it is awake. Frighten it and it will hide in the sand. Then have your net ready while you dig it out.

Cheers man.

I had one before...we waited until we sees it sleep in the sand bed along the edge of tank...put down the net ...scoop the guy up with some of the sand.....guy didn't know what hit him.....keke....................

• SRC Member

Thanks for all the suggestion. :bow:

I managed to bag the wrasse this morning.

This is what I do:

a) Lower a quarrantine box (net type) in the tank.

B) Let is sit there for about an hour.

c) Wrap frozen brine shrimp (still in packet) around a twenty cents coin.

d) Make some holes on the shrimp packet and lower it into the box.

e) Waited for more than an hour before the fish finally went in.

g) The rest is history.

• SRC Member
Thanks for all the suggestion. :bow:

I managed to bag the wrasse this morning.

This is what I do:

a) Lower a quarrantine box (net type) in the tank.

B) Let is sit there for about an hour.

c) Wrap frozen brine shrimp (still in packet) around a twenty cents coin.

d) Make some holes on the shrimp packet and lower it into the box.

e) Waited for more than an hour before the fish finally went in.

g) The rest is history.

gald that u managed to remove from yr tank. lucky u did not wait for yellow tang to reply... :eyebrow:

• SRC Member

Forgive me for saying...kinda enjoyed the debates...you guys are really creative in your rebukes... If you are opposite ######...I believe will make good partners...heard the saying...Opposites attract? :P

Anyway...we are all fellow reefers...kan kai tia-en lah...Truce???

:peace:

• SRC Member
Forgive me for saying...kinda enjoyed the debates...you guys are really creative in your rebukes... If you are opposite ######...I believe will make good partners...heard the saying...Opposites attract? :P

Anyway...we are all fellow reefers...kan kai tia-en lah...Truce???

brudder, thks. :rolleyes: i hate all these too...but sometime i give a inch...this spoitbrat yellow.tank wants a yard

:angry:

Bai ren cheng jin...k? It also makes one more disciplined to undertake greater tasks ahead...and this goes for you...too. Yellow Tang???

i know lah..my fren, but this cheecopeh like to go again me..wat can i do, look at his posting u know who start this :evil: I'm juz trying give some suggestion to dradttq, but he bey song & like to suan me, assumed he den gd.

• SRC Member

i know lah..my fren, but this cheecopeh like to go again me..wat can i do, look at his posting u know who start this :evil: I'm juz trying give some suggestion to dradttq, but he bey song & like to suan me, assumed he den gd.

sight...the pot calling the kettle black again...really spoit yellow.tang...spoiltbrat :evil: i am not expert lah...u den pro...always set trap to catch ur fish...give us yr tips lah , y dun share?:D me started..haha :eyebrow: