Marine Tank set up by ATL**TIS

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

I read from the forum that Aqua C Remora may be able to fit in. Heard that it is good, any comments?

how often should i change the coral chips?

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

• SRC Member

i never ask the $$. went in and the guy show me the filtration system and we smiled, turn away and walk off. so wat's the figure like for a 3 feet?

once quoted $4000 for the whole setup.... <_< just imagine that!!

• SRC Member
hi bros, i paid 4000+ for my 4ft setup but with display shelves, shoe racks and floor to ceiling cabinets

comes with what equipment bro? lightings yes normal output DIY . chiller NOPE? Skimmer? Not sure? what else? i dun even ask after looking at their worksmanship and etc etc.....

These sales even told me no need to change water, just top up.... <_<

• SRC Member
I read from the forum that Aqua C Remora may be able to fit in. Heard that it is good, any comments?

Don't change the coral chips! Remove all coral chips and bio balls and get a powerful skimmer...

Maybe you can show some pictures of your current setup?

• SRC Member

bro, U must check whether any space for these installaton...esp the back filter...seems cannot fit in leh....i dun know....also, i advise you to remove everything.... as some reefers mentioned get a better skimmer to remove all waste....also, you may in future need some FR to reduce PO4 ...so must check any space allocated for these......if you go for corals.....lightings and chiller must consider in too.......IMO! ;)

• SRC Member

comes with what equipment bro? lightings yes normal output DIY . chiller NOPE? Skimmer? Not sure? what else? i dun even ask after looking at their worksmanship and etc etc.....

These sales even told me no need to change water, just top up.... <_<

yah, i got the same response about the "no change water too". So immediately ask to see the filtration system.

$4000 :pinch::pinch:

• SRC Member

what u can do now is to check the back filteration system...see can fit in any good skimmer....and rem...must ask yourself..."ARE you intending to keep corals?" or " only fishes?"

if going for Fish only, then i think it ok...go for good skimmer.... ;)

• SRC Member

Remora is a better skimmer. I have completely no idea how to hook it up there. Best you get to the respondent in that forum and see if he has a pic or more details.

• SRC Member

hi wi_lee76 & sunkistc, really not enough space for a big skimmer, got a small space beside the tank for a hang-on type, so considering the Remora. I'm not planning to have corals so don't think will go for chiller.

if i remove the coral chips, what filter media should i use in replacement for the overflow compartment?

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

• SRC Member
hi wi_lee76 & sunkistc, really not enough space for a big skimmer, got a small space beside the tank for a hang-on type, so considering the Remora. I'm not planning to have corals so don't think will go for chiller.

if i remove the coral chips, what filter media should i use in replacement for the overflow compartment?

IMO, i leave it empty....skimmer to remove all waste.....mm....in that case, bro...advise u to post pics for us ...so we can advise what skimmer and how to hook on...... ;)

• SRC Member

hi bros, ok, will try to do it tonight... thanks for all the advice.

btw, really no 1 having their system?? looks like i'm the only "robert" here.... :(

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

$4000 is a lot of money. . sld improve ur system now b4 something happens. .

Like wad the other reefers mention, get a powerful skimmer, will save ur tank. :P

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member
hi bros, ok, will try to do it tonight... thanks for all the advice.

btw, really no 1 having their system?? looks like i'm the only "robert" here.... :(

i dun know bro..maybe you will see more comments when night falls.... ;) anyway, take it easy....maybe can find a solution on these! when there a will, there a way!