SPS in Thailand

Hi All,

I've recently setup a new 240 gallon reeftank in Thailand and am starting to stock it with fish and coral. It's been running for two months now. I've been to chatuchack market a few times and although there is a good selection of equipment available I haven't realy found what I want as far as corals go. Lots of soft corals but not much sps. Does anyone know of any shops selling acropora/millopora/stag horn/blastomusa etc etc in Thailand? I don't mind traveling inside Thailand to get what I want.

Hi All,

I've recently setup a new 240 gallon reeftank in Thailand and am starting to stock it with fish and coral. It's been running for two months now. I've been to chatuchack market a few times and although there is a good selection of equipment available I haven't realy found what I want as far as corals go. Lots of soft corals but not much sps. Does anyone know of any shops selling acropora/millopora/stag horn/blastomusa etc etc in Thailand? I don't mind traveling inside Thailand to get what I want.

That's because unless the Thai LFSs have a CITES permit (which they don't), all stony corals are banned in Thailand.

That's because unless the Thai LFSs have a CITES permit (which they don't), all stony corals are banned in Thailand.

So means it's still possible to have legal hard corals in Thailand provided the LFS has the CITES permit for it?

And it is possible to get the CITES permit?

• SRC Member

you mean all stoney coral are banned in thailand so which mean you cant even get CITES cert for it ma...

so you can only keep softie... ;)

So means it's still possible to have legal hard corals in Thailand provided the LFS has the CITES permit for it?

And it is possible to get the CITES permit?

Unless the rules have changed, LFSs can import stony corals into Thailand provided they are CITES.

Otherwise, trading stony corals is illegal in Thailand.

Similar situation with Malaysia.

• SRC Member

I tought the CITES permit are being provided by the exporter itself ?

What I mean the exporter need to apply CITES in their country before they can export stony corals.

Some exporter do not have this CITES thus they declare as other Live Stock when they export them out. But when customs found out, goods get stucks in the airport and all of them start to rot.

Just my 2 cents ;)

• SRC Member

No shop in Thailand can display and sell sps and anemone openly. It is illegal.

However, if you have connection, the LFS owner may invite you to the back of the shop or their house. But don't expect something great without paying an arm and a leg.

Some of those LFS owners actually fly to Singapore and Hong Kong to buy and hand carry in the stock.

If you don't want to buy from Singapore and hand carry yourself, and don't mind paying higher price to get in Thailand, pm me and I can give you the contact.

Regards,

Patrick

• SRC Member

However, if you have connection, the LFS owner may invite you to the back of the shop or their house. But don't expect something great without paying an arm and a leg.

Some of those LFS owners actually fly to Singapore and Hong Kong to buy and hand carry in the stock.

If you don't want to buy from Singapore and hand carry yourself, and don't mind paying higher price to get in Thailand, pm me and I can give you the contact.

Regards,

Patrick

Wah.......... So strict in Thailand. :o

• SRC Member

Regards,

Patrick

Patrick....you are even more old bird than the Thails huh......when I go Holiday next time....definately jio you!....kekekeke..... :evil:

• SRC Member
No shop in Thailand can display and sell sps and anemone openly.  It is illegal.

However, if you have connection, the LFS owner may invite you to the back of the shop or their house.  But don't expect something great without paying an arm and a leg.

Regards,

Patrick

This guy is another BKK King :)

You can ask him anything about BKK, he should be able to answer. I only know 2 shops and 1 source in BKK, seem like he knows more than I do......

Just wonder where is the cheapest massage place , with ofcourse , good and pretty g.

Ah yea don't tell me Royal Pacific ha, so many singaporean know :)

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member