Big Angels

How many Angels you have in your tank?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. How many Angels you have in your tank?

• One angel only
    • Two angels
    • Three angels
    • Four angels
    • Five angels
    • Mixture of Big (Pomacanthidae) and Small (Centropyge)

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

hmm..

i gotten my 3ft tank..

plan to keep angels with it..

roughly how much do angels cost?..

heard that french and queens are super ex..

do they need rock structures for hiding?..

and do they snip on soft corals?..haha

mind my ignorance

• SRC Member

angels r nt reef safe, some might nip some might nt ... Melvyn's blueface like to snack anemone :pinch::shock: cool....

for your tank size, suggest you keep dwarf or juv angel, price range varies $10+ to few hundred dollars... flame angel will be nice, rather hardy, around $35-$50, depend on size. :lol:

• SRC Member

bro Melvyn, i thought regal more gentle :unsure:

I have no experience with regal so do not know the nature, so far amongst the angels i am experienced with, the French is a very docile fish.

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member
mine is only 3 feet tank... so i guess its not advisable for me to keep all is it evan tout all e fish r juv....

3 ft can keep angels, but do need to be a little mindful of the nos. you are keeping and also the sizes.

If you like the big angels, try to get the adult ones as the transformation is complete so colouration and looks are better. If you get juv and await the transformation, most of the time it will not be as nice. Fully transformed adults need not necessarily mean very big sizes, it sometimes can be quite small.

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member
hmm..

i gotten my 3ft tank..

plan to keep angels with it..

roughly how much do angels cost?..

heard that french and queens are super ex..

do they need rock structures for hiding?..

and do they snip on soft corals?..haha

mind my ignorance

Some angels are very expensive, like the clarion and conspicuous as an example. French, queens, kings are expensive like in the region of S$150 - S$250 above for good specimen.

Some angels are not suitable for the tank as they are quite difficult to keep. Overall, angels are prone to nip and/or eat corals.

If you intend to keep, choose a nice one like the flame angel (small type of angel) or for the medium sized angels the goldflake which is very much less likely to wreak havoc in your tank.

You will find the grace of the angels swimming in your tank (especially the big angels) you can even play with them with you bare hands (like i do sometimes with my French and also sohal when feeding).

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member
angels r nt reef safe, some might nip some might nt ... Melvyn's blueface like to snack anemone :pinch::shock: cool....

for your tank size, suggest you keep dwarf or juv angel, price range varies $10+ to few hundred dollars... flame angel will be nice, rather hardy, around $35-$50, depend on size. :lol:

:lol:

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

finally i got my fishes... yahoo.....

majestic angel

blue face angel

asfur angel

flame angel

a pair of golden angel

french angel(favourite)

koran angel

marine beta

a pair of percular clown

a pair of solar wrasse

grey pumo angel

pic comin up soon....

• SRC Member
finally i got my fishes... yahoo.....

majestic angel

blue face angel

asfur angel

flame angel

a pair of golden angel

french angel(favourite)

koran angel

marine beta

a pair of percular clown

a pair of solar wrasse

grey pumo angel

pic comin up soon....

:o care to show us pics of ya 'collection'...? :rolleyes:

• SRC Member

Will be interesting to see the community of Angels...

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

can u spot all e fishes inside...

asfur, majestic,blue face, koran, french, golden, solar wrasse, pair percular clown, marine beta n trigger fish.

only my flame n grey pumo cant been seen... diff to take a pic of them... any comment bro...

Hi hi... i wanted to start a fish only tank... hope to get some advise...

geeting the following angels is it all right to put them in a 4ft tank??

French

Annularis

Queen

Golden

Flame

thks for the advise...

bro jack, for me i'll put in the golden 1st and follow up by french, flame, queen & blue ring should be the last one to add :lol: