6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

Can ask on pasam malam.. believe a lot of reefers selling at a very good price.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

but for weipro series, u need to get a PH. (although weipro skimmer quite cheap, but thats does not include the PH) it will add up to $100 over.. some more the PH is quite bulky inside a 2ft tank. u need to get external PH. u might want to consider other brand, coz im experiencing leaking using weipro. just a suggestion.. :)

• SRC Member
but for weipro series, u need to get a PH. (although weipro skimmer quite cheap, but thats does not include the PH) it will add up to $100 over.. some more the PH is quite bulky inside a 2ft tank. u need to get external PH. u might want to consider other brand, coz im experiencing leaking using weipro. just a suggestion.. :)

If it's a Weipro 2011 series and a powerhead, can it be more than $100? BTW how much is a 2011 and the recommended powerhead?

Agreed that the powerhead in the 2ft tank is really space consuming, but is there any none expensive skimmer to recommend besides those with powerhead inside the main tank?

Thank you.

how about getting a HOB filter (e.g. eheim liberty series) and put a wooden airstone driven skimmer in it? the skimmer becomes external and the liberty will help to increase water circulation. squeeze 2 airstones into the skimmer and you'll get lots of bubbles :)

less than $100 and save space too.

• SRC Member

if using weipro 2011..the price is abt $40 excluding the pump..if u get the pump..

i think is arnd $80++...note that i am mentioning average pumps..nt the very gd ones.. :lol:

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

• SRC Member

Weipro user here.. using for a 3 * 1.5 * 1.5 feet tank. Even for a 3 feet tank, you'll find that having an in-tank ph awful.

Try to look for the 2011, get a good external pump, like ehiem, quiet and reliable, 1000l/h is good enough. pumps like this will always have a good resale value.

The weipro joints are meant to be remove for easy cleaning. yes they do leak, but nothing that can't be easily prevented, with some proper temp fixing, like using those white rubber piping tape for a more secure fitting.

Jus a note on the ph, make sure that there is a cage like fitting in the input pipe, to prevent things like snails or crabs getting caught in the ph, which can easily damage your ph.

Weipro works fine. This is my weipro 2012 skimmate on the second day after cleaning the collection cup. The dirtied lid looks the same as the lid of an AquaC Urchin I used to own.

post-69-1122485685.jpg

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member
Weipro user here.. using for a 3 * 1.5 * 1.5 feet tank. Even for a 3 feet tank, you'll find that having an in-tank ph awful.

Try to look for the 2011, get a good external pump, like ehiem, quiet and reliable, 1000l/h is good enough. pumps like this will always have a good resale value.

The weipro joints are meant to be remove for easy cleaning. yes they do leak, but nothing that can't be easily prevented, with some proper temp fixing, like using those white rubber piping tape for a more secure fitting.

Jus a note on the ph, make sure that there is a cage like fitting in the input pipe, to prevent things like snails or crabs getting caught in the ph, which can easily damage your ph.

Really thanks for the infos.

BTW you mention external pump like Ehiem, etc... do you mean we can use an external pump and not a powerhead or fully submersible pump for the 2011?

Any idea what model of external pump for the brand that you mentioned and roughly how much will that be? I'm trying to look for one but seems like most must be dumped into the tank which takes up too much space in a nano.

Thank you.

This pump is outside the tank right? But the price is also more than $100 right? It's definitely easy to pick a good skimmer if price is not a consideration.

Yes, external pump! No extra pump necessary. Well, you can always try to get a 2nd hand one for < $100. I got one in the storeroom, PM me if interested.

Remora is great too if not for the price.

• SRC Member

Yes, external pump! No extra pump necessary. Well, you can always try to get a 2nd hand one for < $100. I got one in the storeroom, PM me if interested.

Remora is great too if not for the price.

Are these external pumps usually have higher power wattage compared to one that is submersible for the same flow rate and head?

Are these external pumps usually have higher power wattage compared to one that is submersible for the same flow rate and head?

No. Prizm is pretty low power - I don't have the figure off-hand. Don't confuse Prizm design with other skimmer - flow rate, etc don't apply here as it is a self-contained unit. Of course pls also note that Prizm is suitable for Nano only ~2ft or less.