cuban hogfish

• SRC Member

Dear All

I saw a cuban hogfish in a LFS and was quoted more than $100..

Anybody can advise if this is a reasonable price?

Anybody keeping a cuban hogfish care to share it's characteristics?

thanks

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

• SRC Member

Dear neokn,

the discussion in Malaysia indicates that the fish cost $100, if it is in riggit, then S$100 would be too expensive liao? ;)

It's a very nice fish which will definitely add color to my FWLRO.... but pricing abit steep lei....

Anyone reefer got this fish cheaper than S$100?

:thanks:

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

• SRC Member
Dear neokn,

the discussion in Malaysia indicates that the fish cost $100, if it is in riggit, then S$100 would be too expensive liao?  ;)

It's a very nice fish which will definitely add color to my FWLRO.... but pricing abit steep lei....

Anyone reefer got this fish cheaper than S$100?

:thanks:

This guy bought it for the same LFS. So the price is in Sing $.

To my marginal knowledge and cheonging, only 2 place that I know bought them in before. They were LCK110 and SL.

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

• SRC Member

oic..

yah, saw quite a no of them currently for sale in SL. they have other species of hogfish as well, they are in a more affordable pricing than the cuban... but color wise, cuban hogfish still the most impressive...

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

no regret to have her, She is bold and brave.

In the first introduction state, as if she was every one's enemy, Picasso trigger chased after her,wantanabei,queen angle even majestic it's size smaller than her also bullied her,and worse still her real threat was come from the bigger wrasse who could not torelate her appearence not even a second.This is something I've not to expected and I thought my $ 90% has gone to the drain, suprisingly till today she is still swims around happily, and all the harassments have stopped and they just could not bother her anymore.

One day I found that she is enjoying bubble jet bath by placing her body on top of the air tube outlet letting bubbles flip through her from side, and you know what she even knows how to gain the maximum impact from the bubbles by turnning her body to a angle, Is'nt she's amazing... :)

• SRC Member

Cuban hog is a average fish to keep. I kept 3 cuban 2 years ago all lasted a week or 1 month except the last one for 8 month die due to attack by clown trigger.

If the cuban came from carribean, $100 is reason, if brazilian species, $60 to 70

is ok. But be fair to the lfs that brings in the fish, they need to cover the freight,

DOA( dead on arrival )

choose a 4 to 5 inch not sunken head or pinch tummy. My little piece of advise.

Book says this fish is very hardy or this species should be left in the wild,

to my exprience and other who are in this hobby, i feel that it all depend on luck even if you choose a very healthy or you have very good water parameter.

Do you agree? :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of my favourite fish only.

Give me one more chance....