Calling all FrogFish LOVERS :D

• SRC Member
confirm this xmas suck all the good coral gone and my tank just crashed >> i lost all my frog fish T_T and then alot of frags gone ... sigh KONASdlkna

i want to rage

Bro,

Sorry to hear about your loss. :(:(

Don't take it too hard. Such things do happen even with well-established tanks...

Shawn..

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guess this it not just me losing my froggies this christmas...i was resetting my tank as there is somethign wrong with my piping...so all my froggies go into holding tub (a baby's bath tub, gf's lil cousin's old tub)...everything went well, new water running/cycling, then the next day i woke up...1 froggy died of stress and the other jumped out of the holding tub...!!!...my 2 fav froggies gone in 1 night....sighz...

• SRC Member
guess this it not just me losing my froggies this christmas...i was resetting my tank as there is somethign wrong with my piping...so all my froggies go into holding tub (a baby's bath tub, gf's lil cousin's old tub)...everything went well, new water running/cycling, then the next day i woke up...1 froggy died of stress and the other jumped out of the holding tub...!!!...my 2 fav froggies gone in 1 night....sighz...

dun be sad.. these things do happen..... well it is a painful lesson.. but a valuable one too...

dun let it dampen ur mood... :D

hope u get over it soon :P

cheers :):cry:

• SRC Member

hi EdNet..

as requested :)

Commerson's frogfish(Antennarius commersoni) ~ $30 - $120 (depend on size & colour)

Warty frogfish(Antennarius maculatus) ~ $70 - $250 (depend on size & colour)

Painted angler(Antennarius pictus) ~ $30 - $100 (depend on size & colour)

** the above are based on LFS visits.. price may not be the same...**

You can always try Marine Life , AquaMarine... usually have nice painted and warties :)

cheers :upsidedown:

dun be sad.. these things do happen..... well it is a painful lesson.. but a valuable one too...

dun let it dampen ur mood... :D

hope u get over it soon :P

cheers :):cry:

ya...sigh...but still very sore about the loss...sigh...stupid piping...didn't think froggies can really "jump"...sigh

• SRC Member
Hey Lester bro.. Thnz.. Oh ya.. I'm intending ta place a small warty in my tank (12x8x9) LxWxH inches.. Any suggestions.. ?? What should i use in the tank ? the setup and stuffs..

I used to keep my frogfish in a 1' ft tank but have since transfered it to a 2' tank.

For my 1' tank, I use

. a small overflow hang on filter for mechanical filtration (with some carbon).

. the smallest powerhead I can find for internal circulation.

. 20% water change weekly, replacing it by taking water from my 4' tank sump.

. Small pieces of lr to provide biological filtration as well as hiding places for the fish.

It is important that u do regular water changes cos the small tank has limited filtration capabilities and the bioload will get quite high. Also get those smaller species of frogfish that will not outgrow your tank.

You might also consider a small hangon skimmer but I did not want to clutter up the small tank with all sorts of equipment.

Cheers

Shawn

• SRC Member
Hey Lester bro.. Thnz.. Oh ya.. I'm intending ta place a small warty in my tank (12x8x9) LxWxH inches.. Any suggestions.. ?? What should i use in the tank ? the setup and stuffs..

:D

hehe my master just show u the light :P

cheers

• SRC Member

maybe this simple setup can be useful ?? :P

post-8-1125725190.jpg

hope it helps :P

• SRC Member

ok fot he T-shirts :D

the last info on it was below :P still looking for more pple to buy before it will be cheaper .. :P

cheers

Froggipani" T-Shirt order list

1)Ciaolong (M) x 1

2)Yellow fin tuna (L) x 1 and (XS) x 1

3)Marinefish (L) x 2

4)tcs9423(L) x 1

5)shawncel(L) x 2

6)mabro (L) x 1

7)Godzilla (m)x1

8)Derek925 (m) x 1

9) corrado (L) x 1

10)Lorensia (L) x 1

11)LEster (L) x 2

12)NAvIgatoR(L)x1

Pls update list if anynew commer is interested

cheers :P

• SRC Member

Hi bros :P

i seems to notice some behaviour of the the frogfish...

it seems that they do better when kept alone than with many others...

i was thinking it may be due the stress ...

wat do u guys thinks ?

cheers :D