Calling all FrogFish LOVERS :D

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

sounds like the right one for me! :D may i know where i can get it?

hmmm it do come in with shipment from time to time ... west and east mostly have them... :D aquamarine do too... but do take note of mouth rot, cloudly eyes and bloated stomach :D

cheers :D

Tuna: you confirm can bring in 30 fishes or not more than 3 litre of water from overseas? i dun wanna be blacklisted by AVA. :lol:

.........I wonder how some people think..3 liter of water is like so pathetic...that's only the volume of 2 1.5 liter coke bottles. If the fish is large, I pity it.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member
wei lester where my shirt le :P *poke poke*

hopeful i be coming singapore end of the year even thought i wanted to go next month T_T

but see how :D

hi bro :D

hehe the t-shirt is still in the process of making .. design stage... :P sorry for the delay due to long working hours :) wil be up soon ..i hope :)

cheers :D.. hehe will post the final desgin once it is ready ...

heehee..yeap received your reply..added you liao

basically now what i wanna do is setup my first marine tank!

it would be either a frog only tank, lion only tank, or lion + frog tank.

i'm looking at 2 feet or 3 feet..no need for chiller cause my water temperature doesnt go above 28. skimmer i got liao. sand also settling soon.

now what i need is the lights and tank and filter

Tank: which tank???? if i set up 2 footer..need sump? how much is a 3 feet tank with cabinet + sump?

Sump: How to drill all the stuff? i have totally no idea. ^_^

Lights:What kind of lights should i get and what is it's cost? i keep seeing all these t5 e-ballast sorta terms but i dun understand them.

Filter: What filter to use? hang on back?

Overall Cost like to be?? hope it wun be too much lo..now also not much cash. maybe if my betta spawn got show quality pieces then i sell to get some cash haha

• SRC Member

hi guys,

i have been trying to find live rocks,,, wah .,,, damn hard to find,,, all small ones,,, lester,,, you were saying lck have is it???

cos my side thefellow clean my live rocks,,, later some customer take and buy ,,, wah,,, owner not in shop,,, employee sold the rocks,,, wah lau,,, now cant find my rocks....

help!!!!! :angry:

• SRC Member
heehee..yeap received your reply..added you liao

basically now what i wanna do is setup my first marine tank!

it would be either a frog only tank, lion only tank, or lion + frog tank.

i'm looking at 2 feet or 3 feet..no need for chiller cause my water temperature doesnt go above 28. skimmer i got liao. sand also settling soon.

now what i need is the lights and tank and filter

Tank: which tank???? if i set up 2 footer..need sump? how much is a 3 feet tank with cabinet + sump?

Sump: How to drill all the stuff? i have totally no idea. ^_^

Lights:What kind of lights should i get and what is it's cost? i keep seeing all these t5 e-ballast sorta terms but i dun understand them.

Filter: What filter to use? hang on back?

Overall Cost like to be?? hope it wun be too much lo..now also not much cash. maybe if my betta spawn got show quality pieces then i sell to get some cash haha

hi :D

lions and frogfish dun mix.... lion will be eaten by the frogfish sooner or later ..

it is best u have a mature tank with sump and skimmer running :D

as for lighting.. a fl will do for frogfish :D

• SRC Member
hi guys,

i have been trying to find live rocks,,, wah .,,, damn hard to find,,, all small ones,,, lester,,, you were saying lck have is it???

cos my side thefellow clean my live rocks,,, later some customer take and buy ,,, wah,,, owner not in shop,,, employee sold the rocks,,, wah lau,,, now cant find my rocks....

hi bro :D

sorry was busy just now ... hp left at home :)

the lfs is the one below farmmart the plcae u bought ur PL light ...

• SRC Member
hi guys,

bro,

go coral farm......big pieces of tonga branch and nice shape big piece live rock with coraline algae.....worth to invest bro....

I also feel like buying.....

Go and search for user KIM....he got big piece bought from coral farm.

You may want to consider buying from him.....

• SRC Member

Hi guys,

trip report...

fell in love with their yellow tangs... reali big... most of their fish are very,,, now abit swayed... dunno wat to keep....

the LR are reali nice and they are all cleaned and best of all they are tonga rocks... like you say lester, the price abit high,,, $16,,,, :sick:

Bottom line is i will buy them,,, going down on fri to pick..

A few pointers... the guy say that my

1)sand bed can remove if not needed

2)LR should be down before the sand so that the structure will be stable

3)only a filter wool is enough, the bio-ball, chips, ceramic rings are not needed

Guys, can comment??? :angel:

I am sending this message from Hong Kong now.

I only manage to see ONE frogfish in the entire street that deals with marine fishes.

If u are looking for frogfish in HK, dun waste ur time.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member
I am sending this message from Hong Kong now.

I only manage to see ONE frogfish in the entire street that deals with marine fishes.

If u are looking for frogfish in HK, dun waste ur time.

Looks like not many interested in frogfish in HK. :lol:

Maybe you can bring back some of those large sun corals. :yeah:

• SRC Member

hi guys.. got some info tat may be a great help to newbies :D

the 10 facts to know before buying :D

1) what would be a good sized tank for a single frog that gets no bigger than 5"? 6"? 8"?

20 to 40 gallons would be nice for a 5", more as the size goes up

2) which frogs max at said size (5,6,8")?

Most commonly available would be Antennarius maculatus (wartskin - to about 4"), A. pictus (painted), A. multiocellatus (longlure), A. nummifer (Coinbearing), A. coccineus (freckled or scarlet) all grow to about 5", A. striatus (tiger or striated) and A. hispidus (hispid or shaggy) get to around 6 or 7"

3) how fast do they grow? (1"-5" 5"+)

Juvies can grow to adult size in a year. It is dependent on the quality and frequency of feeding (recommended: twice a week), water quality, tank temp.

4) what is a good aquascape for them? (asumnig a sand bed with some rocks for it to hide on, does the sand and rock have to be alive?)

If it is not, it will eventually be alive. I'd stay away from aggressive LPS (frogspawn, torch, hammers) and anemones. Frogfishes will knock over frags. Plastic decor is actually quite acceptable

5) can they change there color or pigment?

Yes, and quite rapidly too.

6) what are good live foods? non live? i heard feeding fresh water fish to them is bad?

Goldfish and rosy reds contain Thiaminase which inhibits thiamine (vitamin B1) metabolism. Freshwater feeders also have a lipid profile that is not ideal for marine predators. Guppies and mollies are marginally better. F/W ghost shrimp are pretty decent too. Live marine shrimp (farmed) may be the best as live baitfish may harbor parasites.

7) im asuming no other tank mates other than frogs since they can and will try to eat anything smaller to equal size and i dont want a tank that would fit a larger fish.

Pretty much

8) are they poisonus to the touch? or have poison in there fins/skin?

Not venomous. Reputed to have toxic flesh. I've not eaten one.

9) what salinity? ph? hardness? do you keep your tanks at?

I prefer 30 (1.022) and 8.2

10) any good facts or personal exp/stories to sway me into it or away from it

Don't skimp on equipment. Get a good skimmer.

• SRC Member
Hi guys,

trip report...

fell in love with their yellow tangs... reali big... most of their fish are very,,, now abit swayed... dunno wat to keep....

the LR are reali nice and they are all cleaned and best of all they are tonga rocks... like you say lester, the price abit high,,, $16,,,, :sick:

Bottom line is i will buy them,,, going down on fri to pick..

A few pointers... the guy say that my

3)only a filter wool is enough, the bio-ball, chips, ceramic rings are not needed

Guys, can comment??? :angel:

hi :)

hmm personally i prefer DSB than BB ..lots of debate have been going on :).. :)

he got a point too :) but since ur SB is aready in .. no choice:D hehe actually dun reali make much different.. mine is sand in first then LR ..:D

hmm u got o understand the function for the boi balss, chips etc etc ... can be done provide u have a reali powerful skimmer running :D