rock beauty

Hi bro, u shouldn't buy rock beauty. This angel was almost imposibble to keep alive in any lenght of time in the tank. Eventhough few of expert can keep them alive, but on most cases this fish is really hard to keep in the tank. There are lots of other choice that much more easy to keep such as Asfur, Maculosus, King, French, Queen, Blue Face, even Regal Angel are easier compare to Rock Beauty. FYI, my friend are tried to keep this beauty angel for almost 10 times with various size, and all tempt are death in about few weeks or month.

• SRC Member

Listen to the expert :P

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member
damn ...

i just got a rock beauty ... 1.5 inch (still got the baby black dot on his body, real juvenile) still in QT ....

it is now 1 week old, eating dalpnia, cyclopeeze ...

please advise then on how to keep it alive .... oh boy ...

zillion thanks

:thanks:

lizard

Either

Release back to ocean

Or

put in my sump/tank ")

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member

Bro

Thats one of my fav fishes. Never tried coz heard its damn tough. But according to some overseas friends, those frozen angel preparation helps alot as they contain sponges. But quite ex la i think. the brand is hikari if i am correct. dunno if sg has the range...

My Tank

Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy

If u can get ur rock beauty to eat, then it is a sign a good progress. But, this angel is not like anyother angel that can be live healthy on various food, so like Travy said u must serve this angel with a sponge base food instead of meat food. Because this fish rely heavily on sponge as their primary food, especially when they are in adult size.

• SRC Member
I find that it is easier to keep rock beauty than regal. I've 2 rock beauty in my tank, they are feeding well with pellet or frozen food despite being constantly bullied by the more aggressive queen. ;)

REALLY!?

Man hardly hear anyone with success with rock beauty.

Can show pics ?? pls...

My Tank

Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy