Beware! Tailoring in BKK

reeflobang

• SRC Member

I was in Bangkok recently and remembered that many friends had done their tailored shirts and pants there. Decided to go to Patricks Fashion at Sukumit 11 as it had big adverts and also claimed as best tailor of the year award etc...

Very friendly service I must admit but let down by lousy follow up and tailor skills.

I ordered 10 cuff shirts and 4 cashmere pants and below was the process:

Day 1 - measurements taken and was told to come back tomorrow for fitting.

Day 2 - came for fitting. Sleeve was 2 inches short, normal cuff instead and chest hair exposed when I take in deep breaths (custom tailor? what a joke!).

Was told to come back again in the evening for fitting again.

Came back in the evening, sleeve length ok but still normal cuff and tight....

Day 3 -

Went down again and finally all ok but they claimed they made only 5 cuff shirts and the other 5 are normal cuffs. Promised to rush them to me at the airport before I board the plane.

At the airport - decided to check all the shirts and found 5 was still in normal cuffs! Really blew my top then! Its not as if I am paying dirt cheap prices for them (S$32 for each shirt and S$62 for the pants).

I refused the 5 shirts and only paid for the 5 correct shirts and 4 pants. They promised to courier the other 5 shirts to me the next day but it has been 2 weeks....

I am going to post this at other forums as well so others are warned as well!

In case u are wondering, they are not local Thais. In fact, almost all the tailor shops are of the same race. Find out for yourself when you happen to be in BKK.

• SRC Member

well, tailor, em ..In s'pore seems not so gd biz leh. Only those extra large size like my MIL need them or my frend who is extra slim need them,ehnce or otherwise we will buy clothes & not hve them tailor made.

But me, got a big Problem in buying skirts,hip & waist sixe not tally.

Hey,no hrad feels okay (abv descriptn)

• SRC Member

Yeah...tailor can be a pain. I once brought my VP to one tailor to make an outer coat. Turned out looks like shit. That's why I haven't got promotion for the last 3 years. !@#$%^

If any one knows of good tailor, let me know.

Yeah...they all same race (the ones that run most of the money exchange in Singapore).

• SRC Member
Yeah...tailor can be a pain. I once brought my VP to one tailor to make an outer coat. Turned out looks like shit. That's why I haven't got promotion for the last 3 years. !@#$%^

If any one knows of good tailor, let me know.

Yeah...they all same race (the ones that run most of the money exchange in Singapore).

You wasn't promoted because you didn't bring your VP to the BIG fishshop with numbered fish without water ;)

Mirage , ring any bell :lol:

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

I think its over-rated. I got a jacket done over at a shop near Siam Square and I didn't feel that it was that well-made.

Guess what.... I still haven't worn it yet! :(

• SRC Member

Mirage.............................................

Is a nice dinning place lar, next to emerald hotel. All the waiter and waitress can speak very good SingLish. They have 2 big SPS tank. All SPSs are so colorful.

But their cooking is suck while their SERVICE is excellent for Singaporean :D....

I was told you were regular customer there , since there are not much Singaporean size like u in BKK :D

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member

patrick,

Which Mirage are u talking about. I am talking about restaurant huh. Don't be dirty minded :D ok. Whenever my wife asked me I told her I was @ mirage restaurent looking beautiful SPSs, so colorful.

You don't need to post my picture lar, they know me well already. Like you mah.

I would prefer Juliyana's services :D It was since 1992, I was there since than .........

Kyin Kyin haa haa

Ocean Gump

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Had my suit made in Bkk as well, at a tailor near Asok station in Sukhumvit area. The jacket is okay.

But the pants look and feel like those in fashion during the 1970's. From the waist line to the crotch, it is tight fitting and you feel like dumplings being wrapped up down there - hard to breathe. :evil::angry:

The shirt collars are so very thick, again a fashion of the 1970's perhaps. :(

Price is of course cheaper than in Singapore, but the quality of "fashion & trend" is just not there.

My $0.02

• SRC Member

Wow...what kind of service in a restaurant?

after almost 1 month u asked me the question ?

ok, hmmm let me think, since it was more than 10 yrs ago.

They serve HOT TEA before the meal

The maid cleaned out your LEGS with hot water and soap, since u r sitting on the table so need NO SHOES.

Than, they will clean your face, to fresh you up,

so your dinner will be more tasty.

than they light up the candle......

and they serve only one dish a time ( 5 mins - 10 mins intervel ) to ENJOY THE DISH.

If you don't FINISH they won't give you Another Dish.

After a few dishes

There will be MAIN COURSE........

Once you are FULL.

Than, pay and go home lar what else :ph34r:

back in than 3000Bath for 2 hours SET DINNER PER PERSON

Ocean Gump