Good Lfs

Power Blue and all.

It's fine to give critical comments about any business establishment in SG as long as what you say is the truth and you will stand by it!

Personal point of views (POV) should be stated. Speculative comments must be indicated otherwise or people will take your comments at face value. Facts must be verified. If you have been greatly wronged, you may even report it via the mass media like the newspapers or TV stations!

What you say can be disputed not just by the shops but by other consumers. If it needs to become a legal issue, you know your own rights and if proven true by the legal system, you will be above board.

Now, back to the issue about LFS. I don't mind that you wish to bring up negative comments about them. Just that those who do, will be man enough (or woman enough ;) ) to be leave me their real names and contact numbers in case the LFS being criticised wishes to speak with you directly about this matter.

I cannot interfere in such matters as I have made it very clear that you are responsible for your own postings and SRC and myself will not be held liable for them.

If you want me to delete your posts, please PM me and I will do so accordingly. :)

• SRC Member
Ok At,

Hope you had received my contact numbers in my PM to you and trust your decision.

:thanks:

Hi Bro,

sorry if I sounded stern in my previous posting. :bow:

Just that I felt its not really fair to criticise a shop which I feel does not try to con newbies.

When I was a newbie, I really felt so vulnerable and if not for this forum and my books, I would have really spent so much unnecessary $$$ buying useless stuff based on what LFS people tell me. Every shop I went would recommend me something which now I realised was not needed. When I started to learn much more, I naturally knew which shops were reliable and which were not.

But basically I still go to any LFS to buy the fish or coral I want except for a few shops and farms which I have banned myself from going due to reasons I do not wish to say here. Its just that sometimes I still hear the kind of bullshit told to newbies on how to set up their aquariums and what can be safely kept together etc etc. And I do not hear these kinds of things going on in ML or PR.

I am always willing to share any information or knowledge with any reefer here. And thats basically what this forum is all about. We can only truly weed out the bullshit by providing a media (this forum) for the truth to surface. Slowly, hopefully, only very very few newbies will suffer loosing $$$ to such LFS and farms.

On the point of quarantine, actually I find its really not practical unless one has another tank and lots of space to spare.....not to mention alot of money. Cos a quarantine tank should have a good setup with a good system ...ie skimmer, lights etc. Eventually it will become another reef tank too. Which is what happened to my supposed 2ft quarantine tank. hehehe :P

If a proper system is not setup for a quarantine tank, more stress is placed on the new fish and will result in even worse sickness or illness.

So I really dun think this quarantine tank is practical for most reefers. One suggestion would be to leave the fish in the LFS in a reserved tank (after paying of course) for a week to monitor its condition. Henry of ML provides such a service for fishes purchased from him.

:peace:

No one seems to post anymore? Run out of good LFS :rolleyes:

How about our sponsor eAquaNature, they carries alot of equipment and accessories that can't be found else where in Singapore.

I'll vote for eAquaNature and ML.

I'm going to visit ML tomorrow afternoon, any cares to join me?

• SRC Member
No one seems to post anymore? Run out of good LFS :rolleyes:

How about our sponsor eAquaNature, they carries alot of equipment and accessories that can't be found else where in Singapore.

I'll vote for eAquaNature and ML.

I'm going to visit ML tomorrow afternoon, any cares to join me?

tml ML got come in LS?

• SRC Member
I am also wondering why so many of you give praises to PR? Because No.1 they are always empty...no stock like 5 days of the week. No.2 price is also high.

As for Derf, well sometimes its just our luck....so next time dun go there lor. The moment we buy a life pet....sorry man onus is on the buyer...dude that's life.

I would say places like ML, SL, HLQ, TP, CF, PM, LCK1**, T95, RB are worth the time and effort to go down to shop. The rest i have almost been to see either the same empty tank or the same old stuff.

er...i dun hv any prob wif my fish from PR.

• SRC Member
One suggestion would be to leave the fish in the LFS in a reserved tank (after paying of course) for a week to monitor its condition. Henry of ML provides such a service for fishes purchased from him.

Is it really true Henry will keep the fishes bought by customer in a separate tank? It almost as gd as QT then. Does he do it for free or additional charges. If its free, I will definitely dun mind paying slightly more for his fishes. :idea:

• SRC Member

Powderblue: I dare say what you've experienced, everyone has too at some pt or the other in the hobby with other LFS. I also dare say, ALL LFS are there to make money, business feeds them and their families, we can't realistically expect LFS to be run by pple with pure altruistic business attitudes. Just cuz the fish has white spots doesn't mean the LFS cannot sell it. I think sadly the onus is on the buyer to be alert to diseases and high prices. If all the fish in the shop kena ich, does it mean the owner shouldn't sell all the fish and make a huge loss simply cuz its morally right? Buyer Beware, always holds. I honestly believe most LFS owners do look at pple before quoting prices or giving advices. ie. differing standards to each customer. Again they are afterall in a business to make money so you can't blame them. Must just be careful.