Any1 with only T5 lighting

• SRC Member

Just out of curiousty, any1 out there running only with T5 for SPS.

Mine is 3' x 1.5' x 1.5' running with 6 x 39W T5 HO.

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

danano :lol:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

Water quality is more important than light intensity. As long as light is of sufficient intensity then the sps will color up provided the water quality is there.

That's also the reason why you got reefers getting brown SPS while got reefers getting colorful SPS despite all of them running the same light.

• SRC Member

Weileong

Totally agree with you. Water quaility is far more important than light. But without lights also no coloring. So light also fairly important.

One of LFS refused to sell me SPS for simple reason, I am running T5. I know LFS r not trust their words, but.............

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

Why are the LFS so prejudiced? :huh:

Tell them to check out Daniel's tank :lol::lol:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member

LFS that I don't chong any more lar :P anyway, past is past, so let forward :D

Ha seen like only a few ppl with T5 hah, so I might need to join MH gang :)

Ocean Gump

Yep I agree with weilong that water quality is more important.

I'm not saying light intensity is not necessary though.

I'm currently running 6x39W T5 on my 2.5ft tank.

I would say I'm pretty satisfied with it reason being it can sustain the colour of my purple acro and pink montis.

Adding to that I recomend to using good quality T5 bulbs. It'll make a difference.

;)

• SRC Member
Yep I agree with weilong that water quality is more important.

I'm not saying light intensity is not necessary though.

I'm currently running 6x39W T5 on my 2.5ft tank.

I would say I'm pretty satisfied with it reason being it can sustain the colour of my purple acro and pink montis.

Adding to that I  recomend to using good quality T5 bulbs. It'll make a difference.

;)

You must be kidding. You are only

I'm pretty satisfied with it reason being it can sustain the colour of my purple acro and pink montis
!!! Check out minsmarine thread in the members tank forum. T5s NOT only Colour up his SPS from brownie, look @ the GROWTH. This statement I'm going to make, I might have to collect some ads money from AquaZ :lol::lol: The T5s he is using is AquaZ 20K and 10K. :P:P:P

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

• SRC Member

Neokn

I am also using AquaZ's Actived Carbon. It has been in FR for already 5 months, and need no replecement yet so far.

So AquaZ will pay you some commission and my tank will be Tank of AquaZ :) JK

My tank is nothing compare to Senior here. Seniors have lot of hidden gem, especially recently SPS shipments were very good quaility, some colors r seen rare.

Tanks in RC, no way, they get all the best.

Whatever SPS I have in my tank, mostly r from Indonesia. Only a few colonies r from Fiji. So nothing to shout about. Just normal stuff.

Anyway, we r out of the track.

Just want to know anymore using T5. Would appreciate if we could list up #tubes, color and photo periods.

Tks

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member

PO4 reading still 0 and no trace of GHA. That's why I think no need to replace yet mah.

My equipments r not the top of the range, and still maintaining 0 reading mean there is a way of exporting. My skimmer is just a average ( I believe small for SPS full flag ). Got no DSB ( in sump not kick in ). I fighted GHA with PO4 absorber ( AquaLight that time ) and successed within 3 days )

I used 1L of PO4 absorber in FR mah, so not used up yet. I am a lazy man, so don't want to change here and there, damp in all :P

Sorry My appology, Not AquaZ Actived Carbon I am using, it's AquaZ PO4 absorber. I am really sorry if I mislead you.

CA , I am using Fritz.

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member

I know Salifert lost to your gadget mah. So far no color change yet, once register on test kit I will change. ( Since this month, testing every week and monitor for any change on LR )

Anyway, if my water test with your gadget, definatly got PO4 :)

Let me happy a bit.... till have enough money to buy Hanna.

Really appreciate your kindness :peace:

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member

Salifert is very good for me for time being since I have no real gems in my main tank.

however, I am planning for bigger and gems in my tank, than I definately need more sensective test kit. Since salifert won't register below 0.03 ( according to Randy RC ).

I am running PO4 absorber now cause no confident really with my tank yet. Once confident I am going to take out all FRs.

It will be more challenging mah. ;)

Still learnning. Wanted to try zerovit but still reading :P

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member

That's why I wanted to buy Razak's old one. Since mime is geez , don't mention lar.

Not a so so good one mah

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member

Totally agree, my skimmer is definately not suitable for current tank, but no space, no budget so PO4 absorber and AC is solution now.

:(

Anyway, let back to track, any1 out there with only T5. care to share.

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member

4x2x2. 8 hours. Currently testing out tubes.

Just change to 2 x Deltec white and 2 x deltec blue tube. (forgot the actual names)

So it occupies the behind half of the hood now. The rest still using previous brand tubes.

Showing good result liao.. at least compared to the previous tubes. Brown colonies colouring up in matter of 2 weeks. But the colour not so intense yet. Prob like bro weilong say abt the water parameter.

Would like to use all deltec tubes.. but too ex to invest at one go...