4ft tall twin beckett skimmer

jkleejk

Clear acrylic everywhere means good?When it comes to cleaning then :pirate: Not all parts are accessible by hand

yup..i do agree wif u bro..hopefully the algae wont grow so fast.. :angel:

luckily my tank is fowlr..no coraline algae..normall algae shud b ok...coz most of the parts is detachable...& can b clean...or another way just keep the skimmer in a dark area...so less algae growth...just my 2cents. :whistle

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

yes i agreed with u... overkill then underkill.

better to have a bigger skimmer than to spend time sourcing for another skimmer to replace. it.

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

yes i agreed with u... overkill then underkill.

better to have a bigger skimmer than to spend time sourcing for another skimmer to replace. it.

yeah tha's the idea bro!!! i dun wan to spend xtra money to upgrade later...selling & buying end up i loose money & time...so just for once & for all. if not enuf power..then get another md55 to fire!!! then shud handle the xtra load.

one md 55 should be able to handle the load first lah..

btw u can add some nice and cheap mushroom in...those are quite hardy....

yup...i will get some those shrooms things into it..look more natural.

then hv to upgrade the lighting...

Clear acrylic everywhere means good?When it comes to cleaning then :pirate: Not all parts are accessible by hand

Calciumreef,

Not really true, its actually quite easy to clean. just run a cloth through the downpipes and it will be done.

of cos, we are not talking bout coraline algae. that's gonna be a big headache. :lol:

oceanwerx%20acrylic.gif

Regards,

Ocean Werx

• SRC Member

Calciumreef,

Not really true, its actually quite easy to clean. just run a cloth through the downpipes and it will be done.

of cos, we are not talking bout coraline algae. that's gonna be a big headache. :lol:

bro, seems that nowadays lots of your BECKETT is running....

all the best to your sales

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

• SRC Member

Calciumreef,

just use a cloth and a long stick (lantern festival coming) then vola...that the musicall cleaning tools... or use those long solid plastic straws from macdonald balloon..

but i got another better solution that YOU WONT FIND THE ALGAE AN EYE SORE.

sell it away :D:D:D:D:D

just use a cloth and a long stick (lantern festival coming) then vola...that the musicall cleaning tools... or use those long solid plastic straws from macdonald balloon..

but i got another better solution that YOU WONT FIND THE ALGAE AN EYE SORE.

sell it away :D:D:D:D:D

u like to psycho ppl to sell their stuff... :blink::rolleyes:

hehehe till now happy wif my baby...will definite let u know when i wan to sell...

everyone's beckett is getting taller and bigger. :lol:

I have been asking myself this question:

Is it more efficient to run two single-beckett skimmers or run a dual-beckett skimmer instead?

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

IMO, there's no point in getting huge skimmers if your husbandry is not as substantial <_<

I've seen reefers with big and powerful equipments and still have algal blooms and coral death and some who have average equipments and have little or no algal blooms with corals thriving and reproducing ;)

Hope that you have excellent husbandry comparable to your skimmer!!! :lol::lol::lol:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

everyone's beckett is getting taller and bigger.  :lol:

I have been asking myself this question:

Is it more efficient to run two single-beckett skimmers or run a dual-beckett skimmer instead?

Acidjazz,

you are RIGHT!! running two sets of single beckett skimmer is definitely better than one set of dual beckett. (if all the skimmers are of the same size).

However, not many pple have the space like Coral Farm. Most pple find a 4ft skimmer already an eyesore, needless to say about TWO 4ft skimmers. :lol::lol:

Blueheaven,

beckett skimmers are one of the most reliable protein skimmers. but as you've mentioned, skimmer 10%, husbandry 90%.

All skimmers (deltec, h&s, beckett, blah blah blah), as powerful as they may seem, it is still very important that the user / reefer maintain good husbandry.

:thanks:

oceanwerx%20acrylic.gif

Regards,

Ocean Werx

the problem i have is my wife feeds alot...1-2 times per day

1-2 times isnt alot ...i got reefer fren who feed 4-5 time aday...best 3-4 with small amount aday rather than 1-2 times heavy feeding..just my 2cents..all reefer want their fish to b pui pui :)

• SRC Member

how to feed 4- 5 times..

need to work mah...

well..at days she will feed alot

and for me i will feed lots of coral food...

this may foul water.......

• SRC Member

btw..i have a cabinet to conceal those marine equipments and my tank is ht 3ft length 3ft and width 3ft thus...i would like to keep lots of fishes and yet maintain nitrate zero...

so far hard lei...

used to achieve it but..after introducing lots of fishes and heavy feeding, nitrate remains around 25

• SRC Member

i don really trust auto feeder...

well.....most of those Ang mo have only one 6 inch beckett but they have every ideal husbandry such as changing water once a mth or 2 weeks. also they also have other means of nitrate export such as keeping refigum...

i don really trust auto feeder...

well.....most of those Ang mo have only one 6 inch beckett but they have every ideal husbandry such as changing water once a mth or 2 weeks. also they also have other means of nitrate export such as keeping refigum...

as for me refugium r good handle nutrient export at certain level...except u hv v big tank/sump dedicated to it...i see refugium as my fish food source.. :lol: just my 2cents again..

i only believe in the ehiem autofeeder now..got a few taiwan made one but all timing is out so frustrated..