Huskies and Malamutes

acidjazz

There one stupid rule. If you're walking your dog in public, they must be leashed. Imagine nikki leashed to your MTB while you cycle, I wonder who will be leading?????

i think AVA a little square-minded.

IMO, as long as the dog dun pose a danger to the general public, it sld be alright. Anyway most owners are aware that they are responsible for their own dogs, and in the case that their dog attack someone, they wld be charged.

Therefore, those who feel that they can't control their dogs would not unleash their dogs.

p.s. those who met Nikki sld noe tt he's a big friendly dog. Size big but timid. sigh.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member
i think AVA a little square-minded.

IMO, as long as the dog dun pose a danger to the general public, it sld be alright. Anyway most owners are aware that they are responsible for their own dogs, and in the case that their dog attack someone, they wld be charged.

Therefore, those who feel that they can't control their dogs would not unleash their dogs.

p.s. those who met Nikki sld noe tt he's a big friendly dog. Size big but timid. sigh.

Imagine I was being warned by the park rangers on a golf cart when I last bring my Mini SC to East Coast park and I was way way far from the crowd near the nicoll highway side. Damn, AAV idiots. From then on I didn't bring her there to play.

Did you nuke nikki? Heard that nuke male dogs are more timid and female dogs will get round and fat.

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

• SRC Member

AVA and HDB should revise their list of dogs allowed in HDB.It should base on case to case basis.A neighbour of mine who worked for AVA kept a corgi in his HDB flat.He actually wrote into his own department asking why Corgi is not allowed in HDB.The reply was simply stupid.AVA commented that,dogs above 10kg not allowed in HDB....I guess anyone of us who weight more than 10kg should refrain staying in HDB too? :(

AVA and HDB should revise their list of dogs allowed in HDB.It should base on case to case basis.A neighbour of mine who worked for AVA kept a corgi in his HDB flat.He actually wrote into his own department asking why Corgi is not allowed in HDB.The reply was simply stupid.AVA commented that,dogs above 10kg not allowed in HDB....I guess anyone of us who weight more than 10kg should refrain staying in HDB too? :(

:lol::lol::lol:

i think AVA aint not trying to protect the dogs, they probably hate dogs.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

• SRC Member

I can understand when HDB explained that bigger dogs need exercise space since HDb too small but how often we see bigger dogs chained up in landed propert?

if one of the most frequent complain about dogs is nuisance barking.At my area,everyday this mini schnauzer would be barking the first moment the owner stepped out and only quiet when the owner return.So,this is an approved breed,so what?

I think the department should concern about the welfare of the dogs than to be so square about what breed to be kept where.Afterall,its the good ownership that is important.

• SRC Member

dog lovers,any vote for best jogging partner?will like to have a jogging partner after baby born next month to get back in health (shape :lol:). My rough hair collie is 14 yrs old,left 40%visual,and left ear almost deaf.Doubt she is able to run anymore.

Living in HDB so prefer a smaller breed before AVA wait for me every morning during jogging hours but dont want to have JRT though,too active for me.

Any recommendation?Is it a bit :off: ?sorry...

hmm. . most small breeds can't really jog for long distance. There's the mini husky, HDB approved. price tag is $5000. :lol:

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

• SRC Member
hmm. . most small breeds can't really jog for long distance. There's the mini husky, HDB approved. price tag is $5000. :lol:

I know!!! when I asked the price,I felt like an idiot cos I couldnt response anymore :lol: If I would to drag my old dog for a job,I probably kill her sooner since she has hind leg problem now too....if I would to bring my mini maltest for jogging,it probably take her 3 steps to my 1 step :evil:

hehe..that $5K dog will be the only dog I get if I can afford it. It's called Alaskan Klee Kai..looks more wolf than dog. :eyebrow: Haha...if huskies and malamutes are banned, I think chinchillas would be next. :rolleyes:

Jaslyn...it's known that AVA is stubborn. Typical behavior of people with authority who think they know everything and whatever they do is right. Don't worry your friend is not alone..alot of people don't have a good opinion of them either, be it some reefers, cat lovers, dog lovers, or other animal lovers so as to speak. Trying to talk to them is like trying to write on glass using chalk. Free speach? Democracy? Willingness to listen to others? I doubt so...maybe to talk them round you got to have a PhD first (since paper qualifications are so ridiculously important). That might be what we will experience for many many years.

Metallica - sad but true

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

hehe..that $5K dog will be the only dog I get if I can afford it. It's called Alaskan Klee Kai..looks more wolf than dog. :eyebrow: Haha...if huskies and malamutes are banned, I think chinchillas would be next. :rolleyes:

Jaslyn...it's known that AVA is stubborn. Typical behavior of people with authority who think they know everything and whatever they do is right. Don't worry your friend is not alone..alot of people don't have a good opinion of them either, be it some reefers, cat lovers, dog lovers, or other animal lovers so as to speak. Trying to talk to them is like trying to write on glass using chalk. Free speach? Democracy? Willingness to listen to others? I doubt so...maybe to talk them round you got to have a PhD first (since paper qualifications are so ridiculously important). That might be what we will experience for many many years.

Metallica - sad but true

Well said.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

mini italian greyhound?But they looked so fragile.....I actually like bigger dogs leh but its unrealistic to buy a private house just cos wanted to keep a bigger dog right? again,who is to be blame? AVA!!!!!! :angry:

There is always a way...the sneaky way alot of us are familiar with.. *hint* :evil:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

cos I m already keeping a rough collie secretly...I gave away my retrievers pair before moving into HDB,missed my running dog so much.stupid AVA!!!! :angry:

Now no more secret. . AVA also come into SRC. :)

You want a champion running dog, get a Saluki. i am very sure none of us here can out run the dog.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

• SRC Member
cos I m already keeping a rough collie secretly...I gave away my retrievers pair before moving into HDB,missed my running dog so much.stupid AVA!!!! :angry:

It's really a HDB ruling.....same goes for cats...

Intelligent people talk about ideas......

Average people talk about things......

Small people talk about other people......