AlanSeah/Keigo's 5ft Tank......

alanseah

• SRC Member
kekeke....saw this instructions somewhere.....very familiar.......where huh?! :huh::lol::lol::lol:

Well.....you must be very discipline to practice this method! I screw up a bit because of my busy schedule...... :paiseh: ....luckily no casaulty......only flooded my skimmer cup and my living room with skimmate :sick::lol::lol: which I couldnt explain why?.....probably the skimate was too wet! <_<

Worth trying.......at the same time a dose to myself with the Volka!..... :lol:

well there are some reason to why..

1st you over dose..

2nd you may have tune your skimmer too wet.

3rd your skimmer collection cup too small

And also when your skimmate produce so much and so wet better look out for your SG level hor.. cause your auto-top up water will reduce the SG level one..

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

Nice tank Alan! Well done! :bow:

Looks like zeovit works well for you...not to exclude the combination of your equipment! Congrats! ;):D

48x30x27' Tank. Beckett Skimmer. Deltec PF600s. RM FR Pro. DE 250Wx2. DE T5 39Wx4. Tunze 7095+6000x2. Sequence DART pumps x2 (1 return+1chiller)

• SRC Member
Nice tank Alan! Well done! :bow:

Looks like zeovit works well for you...not to exclude the combination of your equipment! Congrats! ;):D

Thanks daimy068...

So far in SG I think only WL and me has make it to stage 4 in zeovit... which is also the last stage of zeovit.

In stage 4, color of sps is just matter of time only and even fiji sps also no problem.

• SRC Member
finally got to see your tank alan. really very impress. enjoy reading all your sharing of your knowledge and experiences. have learn a lot from you :)

welcome loster....

there is more to learning.... :lol:

At least I try to share real pratical knowledge rather then paper talk.. :angel:

• SRC Member

Thanks daimy068...

So far in SG I think only WL and me has make it to stage 4 in zeovit... which is also the last stage of zeovit.

In stage 4, color of sps is just matter of time only and even fiji sps also no problem.

Yah man! Looks like you both have come a long way! :bow:

48x30x27' Tank. Beckett Skimmer. Deltec PF600s. RM FR Pro. DE 250Wx2. DE T5 39Wx4. Tunze 7095+6000x2. Sequence DART pumps x2 (1 return+1chiller)

• SRC Member
:bow::bow:

Hi Alan & Weileong,

Bet you guys must have spent over $ **,*** +++ for the systems.

Your tank really Mo Tak Teng man! :bow: You are really inspiration for us. :yeah:

err for equipments I think near there.. slowly buy over the year... no choice they are needed so either buy or keep replace coral..

but zeovit not that ex.. so still acceptable..

• SRC Member
Beautiful.! Jus beatiiful.  :)

I'm very impressed with the algaeless-ness of your tank. Do you even employ snails at all... don't see any. Did I miss, but wats ur main tank turnover?

yup as WL has mention, algae cant even survive. And my coralline are like also slowly dieing.

As for the tank turn over rate, let do a simple calculation....

Main to sump turnover rate

7000(Red dargon 12000l/h after head loss) / 700 (net tank volume + sump) = 10 times

Main tank turnover rate

12000(tunze 6100) + 8000 (tunze 6080) + 6000 (tunzae 6060) + 12000 (tunze wakebox)/700 (net tank vol) = 54.3 times

Total turnover rate

54.3 + 10 = 64.3 times

• SRC Member
Great tank there :bow::bow::bow:

Bro care to comment on the wavebox? Ur tank got so much circulation liaoz still need the wavebox ar? :P

err I still find abit of dead spot here and there even with so many flow.

Well the wavebox is not really that powerful as what been shown. I find it to be an ok device which does help create slight wave movement.

I think if you really want those strong wave movement you will need a combine of 2~4 wavebox depend on tank size.