Do you think you overspent for corals?

andysho

I belong to the set budget but never stick to it group :lol:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

Talk about LFS earning lots

Check out all the new Becketts at Reborn :shock::shock:

• SRC Member

Though I have been keeping marine fish quite along time ago, I am a novice reefer. So, I am in no position say whether I've overspent or not though I've already spent quite a lot on corals only to continue going to lfs for replacements.

One thing that I had been wondering is why reefers are buying n buying n buying n........ .....seemingly unstoppable. Whenever there are "new shipments" reefers rush to the lfs concerned (no matter where) and snap up almost everything theyn can lay hands on - like there's no another time.

At first, I thot: Wow, these people must have giant tanks or many tanks to keep those nos. of corals they bought. Now I begin to think some of them could be like me - for replacement.

No matter what the reasons may be the happiest pple or those LFS owners. I did a rough estimate. A shipment of SPSs, Ricodia, Yuma, etc....... could mean thousands of $$$$$$ profit for the LFS.

For once I even thought "how nice to open a LFS selling Corals instead of just keeping it as a hobby". I changed my mind and prefer to remain a hobbyist, beacuse there's still a lot for me to learn about reefing. Now I excercise more restraint.

• SRC Member
One thing that I had been wondering is why reefers are buying n buying n buying n........ .....seemingly unstoppable. Whenever there are "new shipments" reefers rush to the lfs concerned (no matter where) and snap up almost everything theyn can lay hands on - like there's no another time.

At first, I thot: Wow, these people must have giant tanks or many tanks to keep those nos. of corals they bought.  Now I begin to think some of them could be like me - for replacement.

Because These tank are TANK OF THE MONTH ( in LFS's book ).

Because, for that month, they know this person come back and sure buy, buy, buy, buy, buy.................

So now I know, u already get your TANK OF THE MONTH award from LFS.

Which LFS :) Sorry :paiseh:

Hope I didn't spoil your sunday :peace:

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member

Maybe one day in order to help Lfs owners keep track of how much

per different reefer spending power...

They will come up with some different forms of membership card

Ordinary member , Executive member , Vip member and lastly

the LSLS (look see look see) member Lol

• SRC Member

Hee hee u forget TANK OF THE MONTH membership :)

And some r TANK OF THE YEAR membership.

Lizard44 has TANK OF THE YEAR membership with one of LFS in the EAST :)

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

Though I have been keeping marine fish quite along time ago, I am a novice reefer. So, I am in no position say whether I've overspent or not though I've already spent quite a lot on corals only to continue going to lfs for replacements.

At first, I thot: Wow, these people must have giant tanks or many tanks to keep those nos. of corals they bought. Now I begin to think some of them could be like me - for replacement.

No matter what the reasons may be the happiest pple or those LFS owners. I did a rough estimate. A shipment of SPSs, Ricodia, Yuma, etc....... could mean thousands of $$$$$$ profit for the LFS.

For once I even thought "how nice to open a LFS selling Corals instead of just keeping it as a hobby". I changed my mind and prefer to remain a hobbyist, beacuse there's still a lot for me to learn about reefing. Now I excercise more restraint.

Its sad to hear that you need to replace your corals. Hope you take better care of them.

Anyway, for SPS reefers, we go to every shipment and buy back lots of stuff because for SPS, we can stick them very close to each other unlike LPS or softies.

Most of the almost fully stocked tanks have 100-200 specimens and being SPS reefers, not many tend to buy them for replacement as we take exceptionally good care of the water quality and all ;)